cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Z170-P SLI compatibility

RobTWC
Level 7
Just a quick question, I have the asus z170-p (not the pro gaming one) and I'm planning running 2x 970's in SLI but a friend just asked if my Mobo is compatible so my question is, is it?

Couldn't seem to find anything on it myself so any input is appreciated, thanks.*
720 Views
8 REPLIES 8

Nate152
Moderator
Hi Rob

Looking over the specs of the z170-p it only supports AMD crossfire, not SLI.

64635

Nate152 wrote:
Hi Rob

Looking over the specs of the z170-p it only supports AMD crossfire, not SLI.

64635


Hey thank you for the reply, that's a bummer. I had no intention at the time I build this pc almost 2 years ago but have the itch now.*

Could anyone recommend a Mobo with similar performance, or even slightly better, at a reasonable price? The current chip I'm running that is rather not replace is the i5 6600 non k.

Thank you.*

Chino
Level 15

Nate152
Moderator
Right now this is probably the best deal I see for an SLI motherboard, I'm not sure if the rebates apply in the U.K.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132567&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords...

LOL Chino sees the same thing. 😄

Nate152 wrote:
Right now this is probably the best deal I see for an SLI motherboard, I'm not sure if the rebates apply in the U.K.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132567&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords...

LOL Chino sees the same thing. 😄

Great minds think a like. lol

If he resides in the UK, he can pick one of the following options. They are in the £128.99 - £137.28 range. 🙂

  • Asus Z170-A
  • Asus Z170 PRO GAMING
  • Asus PRIME Z270-A
  • Asus STRIX Z270H
  • Asus Z170-E
  • Asus TUF Z270 MARK 2
  • Asus Z170-PRO
  • Asus Z170 PRO GAMING/AURA

Chino wrote:
Great minds think a like. lol

If he resides in the UK, he can pick one of the following options. They are in the £128.99 - £137.28 range. 🙂

  • Asus Z170-A
  • Asus Z170 PRO GAMING
  • Asus PRIME Z270-A
  • Asus STRIX Z270H
  • Asus Z170-E
  • Asus TUF Z270 MARK 2
  • Asus Z170-PRO
  • Asus Z170 PRO GAMING/AURA


Thanks for your replies, appreciate it. And yeah I'm in the UK so not sure if newegg offer the same discount here.

Out of your recommended motherboards I love the Strix obviously because it looks amazing and I like looks as much as performance but is there anything these boards do particularly better or more than the other one? I wouldn't want to compromise looks over performance nesscesarily but for the sake of 20 odd quid difference I'd be as well getting the better one if you know what I mean. *

Thanks*

Nate152
Moderator
All the motherboards Chino listed support Nvidia SLI, the Tuf motherboards come with a 5 year warranty, the gaming motherboards have more gaming features, the z170 pro gaming/aura has RGB lighting. Other than that they will perform basically the same.

Some might support higher speed ram.

Chino
Level 15
Personally, I would pick one of the Z270 variants. It's newer tech and future proofing in a way in case you upgrade your CPU in the future or want the Optane technology.