cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Maximus VIII Impact - Q-Code 00

lxwrencus
Level 7
Hi all,

I've had the same situation many times before with a couple of other RoG boards (Maximus IV Extreme, VI Hero etc), but this is the first time I am working with an Impact board, so I thought I'd post on here to make sure I've ruled everything out - as in the past 00 has always led to dead hardware.

I've got a Maximus VIII Impact - and when connected with a Pentium G4400 and a 4GB DIMM of Vengeance LPX, I get the infamous 00 Q-Code.

-- The system is running on the box, so I can rule out a short.
-- G4400 and 4GB DIMM are working - running with no RAM installed still gives 00 (with no ram I'd expect 53 or 55 etc.)
-- CPU socket is fine
-- 8-Pin EPS connector is definitely connected 🙂
-- Cleared CMOS/RTC on many occasions, no avail.

The board came installed with BIOS version 0907, which should run the G4400 anyway, but I ran USB BIOS flashback and flashed 1504 and then 3401 and they seemed to install as usual (increasing speed of flashing for ~2 minutes) - both of which had no effect.

Using the CX750M which is my standard PSU I use on the bench - and I recently used it to test other boards so I know its good.

At this point I'm 99% sure its the board that's fried considering the CPU is confirmed good, but I'd like to rule out any other configuration errors before I start RMA.

Thanks in advance for your input.
3 REPLIES 3

Nate152
Hello lxwrencus

Cpu is good, psu is good, that only leaves the motherboard as you suspect.

Hi

Thanks for your response.

Same situation as I have experienced in the past - I'll start the RMA for the board.

Cheers

Frostie36
Level 7
In your case it looks like the 00 bios code probably does mean dead hardware but a qcode of 00 doesn't necessarily mean hardware failure & I know that for sure as I've been having some weird stuff going on with my VIII hero system that I built back in OCT of 2015. The system is 100% stable, no matter what I do on it but if the power is lost due to a power cut or if I unplug the PSU for whatever reason then I know I'll be faced with either a 00,15,25 or 55 qcode when I power it back on, I have to hold down the power button on the tower case to power it all off, wait a few seconds then power it all back on and in the past I've had the 00 code time and time again but eventually through powering off & on the system will eventually post & then continue to work perfectly after that, for many months on most occasions, until the power is disconnected which I do every 6 months or so when I clean everything out as I don't have to do it more frequently than that as I have some excellent Demciflex dust filters on my HAF932 case.

Never had this issue when I first built it or for a long time after that, probably all started after a bios update as 15,25 & 55 are all linked to memory but anyway the moral of this story is that 00 qcode doesn't always mean dead hardware.