cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analog Headset for Maximus VIII Hero

Kaelon
Level 7
I've always used analog gaming headsets (such as the Razer Carcharias, or the Logitech G-Series Headphones). For some reason, I've always believed that the built-in sound hardware on a motherboard is high performing enough to render installing yet-another-USB-device as somewhat redundant if not bloaty.

So all of that being said, what analog headsets do you like or recommend for the Maximus VIII Hero? Or, do you disagree and argue in favor of USB headsets, like the Astro A40?

Thanks!
1 REPLY 1

HeroVIII
Level 7
Kaelon wrote:
I've always used analog gaming headsets (such as the Razer Carcharias, or the Logitech G-Series Headphones). For some reason, I've always believed that the built-in sound hardware on a motherboard is high performing enough to render installing yet-another-USB-device as somewhat redundant if not bloaty.

So all of that being said, what analog headsets do you like or recommend for the Maximus VIII Hero? Or, do you disagree and argue in favor of USB headsets, like the Astro A40?

Thanks!

Hi Kaelon, If you use the USB connection for headphones 5.1 or 7.1, dedicated to the game.
However if you like to enjoy sound in Stereo with capital letters because multichannels tend to laziness in this field, certainly choose the mini-jack connection along with the excellent DAC that incorporates the SupremeFX 2015 of the Maximus VIII Hero, is a bomb, comparable with dedicated amps of between 600-1000 Euros, Arcam, Oppo ... One of my decisions to buy this motherboard was that reason.

Greetings.