cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ai Suite 3-Fan Qpert upgrade - Where are my custom profiles?

BJBBJB
Level 7
Before I upgraded AiSuite 3 I saved my current custom fan profile as the profile I was currently running and saw ALL of my other saved tweaks I tediously setup when I did my build when I saved it. Several....

After my the update of AiSuite 3, I see NONE of them! Just the standard ones.

I saved whatever profile it was running just in case it was my last default profile. But why did it blow away all of my profiles?
Do they exist somewhere?

It does not even look like it knows which fan is where anymore. What a pain....
I hope they are out there somewhere. What kind of upgrade blows away your settings?
LOL....this is why I don't like to upgrade..
BJBBJB
3 REPLIES 3

davemon50
Level 11
Mine all got deleted at some point in the past too. Like you, I had no idea why. In the end I wound up re-creating them since I never found them. This is where someone can say honestly, I feel your pain. I haven't lost them a 2nd time (knock on wood).
Davemon50

davemon50 wrote:
Mine all got deleted at some point in the past too. Like you, I had no idea why. In the end I wound up re-creating them since I never found them. This is where someone can say honestly, I feel your pain. I haven't lost them a 2nd time (knock on wood).

davemon50,
Thanks. I think I found the file. Under Program Files(x86)/Asus/AsusFanControl Service there are two folders. 1.06.28 and 2.00.33.
There is an XML file in each called "FanStore" and some settings appear to be stored there but don't see my custom names. I am temped to copy the old one over but I also know there were that funky fan spinup and spindown thing it did. And if buried in the file are settings that fix that, I don't want to bring them back.

I guess I will just re-set them up also but wanted to share that info. I don't know even how the program inter-reacts with that file to just use it. I would have thought they would have designed an upgrade to save those configurations?
I know some swear by using the bios settings for fan control but if I recall correctly there were some lower RPM's you could not get there. Also, I thought it would be smart to have my settings saved in FanXpert so when I updated the bios, I could just reload them! 🙂

Thanks,
BJBBJB

davemon50
Level 11
Ah, thanks for the location. Not sure I every probed into that folder. But XML files might change from version to version anyway, so it's probably good you recreated the profiles.
Davemon50