cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5-Way Optimazation Power Saving Formula

GotKevlar
Level 7
I have my system overclocked. Right now it is set to "performance" and ive never changed it. WIll changing it to "power saving" mode mess with my overclock at all and how will it function between idle and load with "power saving" selected ?
5 REPLIES 5

MNMadman
Level 8
Don't mess with any of those automated settings unless you want your manual settings to disappear.

GotKevlar
Level 7
I ran the 5 way optimization to overclock my system. It's fine and stable and all. I was only wondering if I can gain power savings while idle but maintain my overclock configuration. That is why I asked.

MNMadman
Level 8
If you used the auto-overclock settings and haven't done any manual changes, you might as well try it and see. If they do change, just run the auto-overclock again and it should return you to your "normal" overclocked settings. The most you would have to do is reset the BIOS to defaults and run the auto-overclock again.

Most likely, the parameters are completely different between the different modes so it would override everything every time you switch. But that's just an educated guess.

GotKevlar
Level 7
The only thing I've done manually is enabled xmp in the bios for my RAM.

MNMadman
Level 8
You might as well try the Power Saving mode and see what it does. You're not going to lose anything except time.