cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 October 2018 Update (Windows 10 ver. 1809) KILLS BW-E Overclock!!!!!!!!!

JuSiZ1
Level 10
PLEASE ASUS....INTEL...MICROSOFT FIX your software. This is very annoying i never install KB4100347 update because this problem but now when win update install this october 18 update my overclocks is broken!! @Raja@asus @Chino @somebody to know how to fix this!?!?
66,770 Views
174 REPLIES 174

Vlada011
Level 10
Guys can you explain how you experience OC instability, what happen?
Freezing, BSOD, Crash,...

I never make any intentional move to fix spectre or meltodown or anything.
This is mess what happen, but I would like to know how you experience OC problems, what happen exactly.

Vlada011 wrote:
Guys can you explain how you experience OC instability, what happen?
Freezing, BSOD, Crash,...

I never make any intentional move to fix spectre or meltodown or anything.
This is mess what happen, but I would like to know how you experience OC problems, what happen exactly.


It's not instability. There is no overclocking. It doesn't not matter what settings you apply in the bios, the OS overides it and sets it to defaults.
The only way to fix it is to apply the latest Intel microcodes for the processor. And to do that, it has to be done on a bios level.

Vlada011
Level 10
They are completely, totally insane and insolent.
I don't want to do such things. Half of people I talk are lost on half way reading what they should done.
There is no proper and complete instruction from beginning to the end what owners of specific chipset and processor should done.

I still have 1803 BIOS on RVE10 i7-5820K OC to 4.5GHz, Windows 10 1809, 177.63.55
But I'm not different, if more people start to experience problems that will happen and to me.
Only difference is that I never do anything to install patches or new BIOS.

Vlada011 wrote:
They are completely, totally insane and insolent.
I don't want to do such things. Half of people I talk are lost on half way reading what they should done.
There is no proper and complete instruction from beginning to the end what owners of specific chipset and processor should done.

I still have 1803 BIOS on RVE10 i7-5820K OC to 4.5GHz, Windows 10 1809, 177.63.55
But I'm not different, if more people start to experience problems that will happen and to me.
Only difference is that I never do anything to install patches or new BIOS.


Well certainly don't update to Windows 1809 or you will loose your overcloking. Hopefully Asus will take the time to sort this out.

Craig
Level 8
I see that EVGA has already released an updated bios to there testers. C'mon Asus, at least let us know you are working on this.

Is there any news on a official bios update from Asus ??

I have 2E for 6950X!!!
this is new one 2eh?

Hivemind wrote:
Is there any news on a official bios update from Asus ??


I have the same question, waiting for a new BIOS or fix for my ROG STRIX X99 Gaming and i7-6800K combo.
This problem pisses me off, for me Asus has been synonym with quality hardware. But there is always a problem with software and drivers from Asus.

Why is it taking Asus so long to release a new BIOS for the X99 platform?, EVGA has already released a new BIOS for their X99 boards.

Nixon2992
Level 7
Maybe ASUS have issues on procedures writing OC Mailbox(MSR:0x150(not documented for public)) and Turbo Ratio Limit(MSR:0x1AD) an that break overcloking capabylity on Broadwell-E.
This register configure AVX offsets ,FIVR VCCIN VID and Per Core voltage control on Broadwell-E.

Vlada011
Level 10
MICROSOFT, YOU ARE SICK PEOPLE. YOU ARE DEFINITELY, DEFINITELY SICK PEOPLE AND ALL CUSTOMERS SHOULD INSTALL FIRST VERSION OF WINDOWS 10 AND TURN OFF ALL UPDATES IN REGISTRY COMPLETELY.

Yesterday I played game normal and finish game I decide to check what is available from updates, and I notice option update and restart.
I press that. After reboot my mouse freeze CPU usage 20-30%, I barely move mouse every 2 minutes give me to move my little, enough to type msconfig to boot in safe mode.
I wait 3-4 minutes to all commands I give finish and boot in safe Mode. Inside mouse work normaly and I reinstall Windows and now everything is normal, version is 1803.
Still didn't updated on 1809.


76270


Look at this, I collect all versions and first Win 10 without number if something go wrong with some of Windows 10 updates.
I don't install softwares any more because I don't want to install 2-3h and than after 5 days or 10 days or 2 days Windows to launch some Update and than again from beginning.
1TB or SSD is to big for backup, I must backup only necessary system files and than to revert if he something bad happen.
They are completely insane, I was scare to death that mobo or CPU died and start to check prices of best option on market and to think on options where to borrow money for
ASUS Apex and i7-7820X, because this is worse moment for upgrade, and that was not at all my intention to do, I don't need new system now.
But one part of me knew that maybe is Update culprit. And again I made mistake and Installed chipset driver newest version. I should install from ASUS site last Chipset Driver for X99.
I look inside device manager driver date is 18. July.1968 10.1.3.1 and I installed 10.1.17765.8094.... Hahaa haa
Sickness.