cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 October 2018 Update (Windows 10 ver. 1809) KILLS BW-E Overclock!!!!!!!!!

JuSiZ1
Level 10
PLEASE ASUS....INTEL...MICROSOFT FIX your software. This is very annoying i never install KB4100347 update because this problem but now when win update install this october 18 update my overclocks is broken!! @Raja@asus @Chino @somebody to know how to fix this!?!?
174 REPLIES 174

heart_of _the _tiger wrote:
weird... i click on that link, but 1903 ish't showing up, the latest bios listed is 1902.

it were under Driver and tools not Bios part

ghowlett2020
Level 7
1903 is working well for me so far 🙂 Thanks for noticing that krantrold

ELIESEH
Level 11
Why it shows year 2018 and not 2019 when read the bios 1903 from usb when choosing it to upgrade in UEFI*

MENINBLK
Level 7
JuSiZ1 wrote:
PLEASE ASUS....INTEL...MICROSOFT FIX your software. This is very annoying i never install KB4100347 update because this problem but now when win update install this october 18 update my overclocks is broken!! @raja@asus @chino @somebody to know how to fix this!?!?

Hi Guys,

I have the RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 and I am running Windows 10 PRO v1809.
I have a i7-5960X @ 4.4GHz, 64GB of G.SKILL DDR4 2400 RAM, and I just installed a spanking brand new
Western Digital 1TB BLACK NVMe SSD w/EKWB HEATSINK.

I am not having any problems.

I am also using BIOS Version 1902. I am not interested in 1903 unless the gains are really good.
My 64GB of G.Skill is tweaked and all runs synced. I'd hate to have to do that all over again in 1903.

If you have any questions on my settings, voltages, etc.... shoot them over and I will get back to you when I can.

BW-E was never a good OC'ing CPU anyway. Too much bleed over from the 14nm transistors.
Its good for the PCer that likes to run STOCK configs and slightly tweak them.
Kinda Plug and Play and run it like you stole it...

HW-E is a 22nm transistor and still holds up very well to OC'ing.
This can take a little Turbo or Supercharging...

Pete...

May be somebody have information when new bios for R5E will be avaliable? It is very sadly to have overclocking MB and do not have opportunity to up Broadwell multiplier.