cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 October 2018 Update (Windows 10 ver. 1809) KILLS BW-E Overclock!!!!!!!!!

JuSiZ1
Level 10
PLEASE ASUS....INTEL...MICROSOFT FIX your software. This is very annoying i never install KB4100347 update because this problem but now when win update install this october 18 update my overclocks is broken!! @Raja@asus @Chino @somebody to know how to fix this!?!?
174 REPLIES 174

stuwph wrote:
if you are on a edition10 board try this 1902 modded bios

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvGS4gjR6ucjked_mctdQ7TnuJJ93A

couldn't test it because im only on the V board

I am on a rev 1.0 board, besides that BIOS is for the Rampage V.

i have one idea trick!!!!download 3801 bios official update it-change your mcupdate.dll for system32 RS2 and close meltdown security!!!for windows 1809
my cpu running foul good 6950x and i have best score for cpuz with modding bios and without!!!!
try it!

Thanks finally after a couple reading I reverted back the updates, now I don't face a problem so far. 🙂

ELIESEH
Level 11
Any ****ing solution from asus???!! my 6900k is now useless!!!! Loosing 600mhz on 16 threads cpu is huge.
if i found that other motherboards brands are not affected, it will be my last ASUS board

ELIESEH wrote:
Any ****ing solution from asus???!! my 6900k is now useless!!!! Loosing 600mhz on 16 threads cpu is huge.
if i found that other motherboards brands are not affected, it will be my last ASUS board

The X99 and Rampage V motherboards is getting old but that is no exuse, EVGA and other brands have updated BIOS`s for their motherboards.
I feel the same way, my next build might be EVGA or Gigabyte. Asus is terrible when it comes to software and customer service.

try modding bios i have now mod bios for this guy @stuwph with microcode B000031

ELIESEH wrote:

The only way is to download the modded BIOS or remove the Windows update. I wouldn't count on a BIOS update anytime soon. They seem to of dropped BIOS updates for older boards are focusing all resources on newer one's.

ELIESEH
Level 11
I don't care about security, how to install windows 10 1809 and makes the OC works again without bios mod?

MiRai
Level 8
ChaosMinionX wrote:
Guys I just fixed Windows 1809, and the issue with BW-E on the Rampage V Edition 10 X99 board. The issue stemmed from a uCode incompatibility and has been corrected by loading the latest Intel uCode into the 1902 BIOS. You do not have to modify anything at the Windows OS level (like modifying the DLLs in System32 as some have suggested)

Setup: 6850k @ 4.4GHz and Windows 10 1809 on R5E10 Board.

Validation (right click and open image in another window to see the full screenshot, I have an ultrawide):

[Image Remove]

I zipped up the CAP and uploaded here: https://www.filehosting.org/file/details/759462/R5E10.zip - changes from 1902 were made via UBU @ Fernando WinRaid. I used the latest uCode for HaswellE/BroadwellE as the uCode from 1902 is the January release and is incompatible with the OS side fixes.

In addition to microcode the latest 14.8 UEFI option ROM for RST is loaded, and latest network stack modules.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK - PLEASE ENSURE YOU UNDERSTAND HOW TO USE BIOS FLASHBACK AND HAVE A WAY TO RECOVER YOUR BIOS IN THE EVENT THIS DOES NOT WORK FOR YOU.

Like others, I'll attest that this modified BIOS is working with the RVE10 motherboard. I would've preferred to not have to give my information to filehosting.com in order to download the file, but I just used a temp e-mail site and it all worked out.

It's unfortunate that Asus has still not yet bothered to support their own products, and my MSI Godlike board is not suffering from this same issue.

EDIT: Actually, with the above BIOS I was having issues with the NICs constantly cutting out every ~30s or so. Using the second "unofficial" RVE10 BIOS from a few posts above (quoted below), the issues are gone.

stuwph wrote:
if you are on a edition10 board try this 1902 modded bios

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvGS4gjR6ucjked_mctdQ7TnuJJ93A

couldn't test it because im only on the V board

However, just to be fair, I didn't fully cut the power from the board after the first flash, and so the NIC issue may have been avoided had I done that. I fully cut the power on the second attempt, and everything is fine.

EDIT2: The NIC issue actually seems to be a freak occurrence where the cable just happened to go bad a very short time after the initial flash. With that said, I assume both of the above BIOS files work just fine.

MiRai wrote:
Like others, I'll attest that this modified BIOS is working with the RVE10 motherboard. I would've preferred to not have to give my information to filehosting.com in order to download the file, but I just used a temp e-mail site and it all worked out.

It's unfortunate that Asus has still not yet bothered to support their own products, and my MSI Godlike board is not suffering from this same issue.

EDIT: Actually, with the above BIOS I was having issues with the NICs constantly cutting out every ~30s or so. Using the second "unofficial" RVE10 BIOS from a few posts above (quoted below), the issues are gone.

However, just to be fair, I didn't fully cut the power from the board after the first flash, and so the NIC issue may have been avoided had I done that. I fully cut the power on the second attempt, and everything is fine.

Nice, MSI motherboard is not having same issue.
This is my first and last ASUS motherboard.
thank u