cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 October 2018 Update (Windows 10 ver. 1809) KILLS BW-E Overclock!!!!!!!!!

JuSiZ1
Level 10
PLEASE ASUS....INTEL...MICROSOFT FIX your software. This is very annoying i never install KB4100347 update because this problem but now when win update install this october 18 update my overclocks is broken!! @Raja@asus @Chino @somebody to know how to fix this!?!?
174 REPLIES 174

3902 beta patched with microcode 06-4f-01 (2Eh) from 2018-08-7 for i7-6950X

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvGS4gjR6ucjkeVMvFOkex8UkDETAg

bios overclock settings working again, even in lastest Windows10 insider

Craig
Level 8
I don't know if anyone from Asus even reads these Forums anymore. It would certainly be nice if they did release even a beta bios to fix this. I know that MSI latest bios doesn't get affected by the update.

Craig
Level 8
Just a quick update, my issue was actually related to my flash drive. I couldn't even use the flashback with an official bios. Tried another drive and my edited bios updated. I'm now running a 4.4ghz overclock on my Rampage V Edition 10 and the KB4100347 update. Thank ChaosMinionX for your links to sorting this.

Craig wrote:
Just a quick update, my issue was actually related to my flash drive. I couldn't even use the flashback with an official bios. Tried another drive and my edited bios updated. I'm now running a 4.4ghz overclock on my Rampage V Edition 10 and the KB4100347 update. Thank ChaosMinionX for your links to sorting this.

Glad it worked out for you!

I have also had flash drives that simply didn't work, even after cleaning up partition data and everything they still were not allowed by flashback.

JuSiZ1
Level 10
I got official answer from asus:

"Our test lab got the problem replicated and confirmed that the problem is a Windows Update KB4100347 that includes a new Intel microcode, this is included in this latest major update.
The primary solution for this is to restore this version of the current Windows update to the previous version. Even though this is installed through the build update, this should still appear in the list of installed updates.This problem is coming up with a BIOS update to fix this problem, but this is not yet ready for an official release."

NEW BIOS coming anytime soon.....

CAP file attached does not work for me 'invalid bios file' ive tried several UBS drives, it wont load from any of them.

Removing the DLL file from win\system32 in 1809 bluescreens the PC on boot. I was forced to go back to a recovery point.

Also the 1902 BIOS is flaky as ****, half the time i boot it hangs with error code 91 on the boards LED, the other half the time it hangs on code 89.
Every 3rd reset or so it will boot clean.
1902 beta bios is garbage compared to last BIOS.

In W10 1809 there is no KB to remove.

****Update- i did get the bios file to finally load from the rear USB port using bios flashback. I was trying from the ezflash bios utility before. ***
It is working now. Overclocking back to 4.2-4.4ghz on RvE10 6900k cpu with W10 1809. Thanks to the maker, no thanks to ASUS.

Shwetty wrote:
CAP file attached does not work for me 'invalid bios file' ive tried several UBS drives, it wont load from any of them.

Removing the DLL file from win\system32 bluescreens the PC on boot. I was forced to go back to a recovery point.

Also the 1902 BIOS is flaky as ****, half the time i boot it hangs with error code 91 on the boards LED, the other half the time it hangs on code 89.
Every 3rd reset or so it will boot clean.
1902 beta bios is garbage compared to last BIOS.

In W10 1809 there is no KB to remove.

Download any original bios from the Asus website. Put it on one of those flash drives you tried. If it still won't flash with an official bios, you know it's the drive. These board are very picky with which flash drives will work.

ELIESEH
Level 11
same here intel i7 6900k and X99 STRIX.
No more overclock working.

ELIESEH
Level 11
Dear ASUS
If you are not going to fix this with a BIOS update soon, this will be my last ASUS motherboard, I can't imagine that my 6900K CPU is obsolete because of this issue.
MSI motherboard, for example, does not have this issue.

I Agree. High End OC motherboard that can't be overclocked. ASUS please fix this!