cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 October 2018 Update (Windows 10 ver. 1809) KILLS BW-E Overclock!!!!!!!!!

JuSiZ1
Level 10
PLEASE ASUS....INTEL...MICROSOFT FIX your software. This is very annoying i never install KB4100347 update because this problem but now when win update install this october 18 update my overclocks is broken!! @Raja@asus @Chino @somebody to know how to fix this!?!?
174 REPLIES 174

Hello everybody.
I have modded my Strix x99 gaming bios 1902 and my overclocking is running.

Nixon2992
Level 7
JuSiZ1 wrote:
PLEASE ASUS....INTEL...MICROSOFT FIX your software. This is very annoying i never install KB4100347 update because this problem but now when win update install this october 18 update my overclocks is broken!! @raja@asus @chino @somebody to know how to fix this!?!?

Can you say you bios version?
it's necessary me for find combination UEFI ucode + OS ucode which break overclock capabylity Broadwell-E CPU.
Windows 10 1809 on Broadwell-E use 0x1C version? In original Intel Security report for this family CPU ucode version: 0xB00002C(Spectre v1/v2 protection + Melltdown) and last ucode for Broadwell-E::0xB00002E((Spectre v1/v2/v3/v4 protection + Melltdown).

Nixon2992 wrote:
Can you say you bios version?
it's necessary me for find combination UEFI ucode + OS ucode which break overclock capabylity Broadwell-E CPU.
Windows 10 1809 on Broadwell-E use 0x1C version? In original Intel Security report for this family CPU ucode version: 0xB00002C(Spectre v1/v2 protection + Melltdown) and last ucode for Broadwell-E::0xB00002E((Spectre v1/v2/v3/v4 protection + Melltdown).

My R5E10 running latest 1902 beta bios

edit. Theres my findings. ucode what comes in 1809 update is Rev. 0xB00002C ► Spectre (CVE-2017-5715) Patched ◄ mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll vers. 10.0.17763.1

And my changed mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll vers.10.0.14393.0 gives me Rev. 0xB00002A ► Spectre (CVE-2017-5715) Patched ◄ and this working.

JuSiZ1 wrote:
My R5E10 running latest 1902 beta bios

edit. Theres my findings. ucode what comes in 1809 update is Rev. 0xB00002C ► Spectre (CVE-2017-5715) Patched ◄ mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll vers. 10.0.17763.1

And my changed mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll vers.10.0.14393.0 gives me Rev. 0xB00002A ► Spectre (CVE-2017-5715) Patched ◄ and this working.

Can you make screnshot attached in message my prototype utility firts tab(need run as admin),for i see uCode realy applied Windows 10 1809 original mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll.
In UEFI 1902 uCode version for BW-E:0xB00002A and HSW-E:0x3C.

ChaosMinionX
Level 7
Guys I just fixed Windows 1809, and the issue with BW-E on the Rampage V Edition 10 X99 board. The issue stemmed from a uCode incompatibility and has been corrected by loading the latest Intel uCode into the 1902 BIOS. You do not have to modify anything at the Windows OS level (like modifying the DLLs in System32 as some have suggested)

Setup: 6850k @ 4.4GHz and Windows 10 1809 on R5E10 Board.

Validation (right click and open image in another window to see the full screenshot, I have an ultrawide):

I zipped up the CAP and uploaded here: https://www.filehosting.org/file/details/759462/R5E10.zip - changes from 1902 were made via UBU @ Fernando WinRaid. I used the latest uCode for HaswellE/BroadwellE as the uCode from 1902 is the January release and is incompatible with the OS side fixes.

In addition to microcode the latest 14.8 UEFI option ROM for RST is loaded, and latest network stack modules.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK - PLEASE ENSURE YOU UNDERSTAND HOW TO USE BIOS FLASHBACK AND HAVE A WAY TO RECOVER YOUR BIOS IN THE EVENT THIS DOES NOT WORK FOR YOU.

ChaosMinionX wrote:
Guys I just fixed Windows 1809, and the issue with BW-E on the Rampage V Edition 10 X99 board. The issue stemmed from a uCode incompatibility and has been corrected by loading the latest Intel uCode into the 1902 BIOS. You do not have to modify anything at the Windows OS level (like modifying the DLLs in System32 as some have suggested)

Validation (right click and open image in another window to see the full screenshot, I have an ultrawide):

I zipped up the CAP and uploaded here: https://www.filehosting.org/file/details/759462/R5E10.zip - changes from 1902 were made via UBU @ Fernando WinRaid. I used the latest uCode for HaswellE/BroadwellE as the uCode from 1902 is the January release and is incompatible with the OS side fixes.

In addition to microcode the latest 14.8 UEFI option ROM for RST is loaded, and latest network stack modules.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK - PLEASE ENSURE YOU UNDERSTAND HOW TO USE BIOS FLASHBACK AND HAVE A WAY TO RECOVER YOUR BIOS IN THE EVENT THIS DOES NOT WORK FOR YOU.

Thats great!! Can somebody from ASUS tell is there coming official bios fix anytime soon??

ChaosMinionX wrote:

I tried your bios and also one that i created using the page you linked to. Both versions give me an error saying THIS IS NOT A PROPER BIOS when trying to flash. Bios flashback also blinks for 2 seconds, but doesn't update the bios. How did you get around this.

ChaosMinionX wrote:

Thank you ChaosMinionX this did the trick took me a minute to realize that I had to do it with the flash button on the back of the mobo, I was use to flashing my bios inside the bios lol. But once I realized what I was doing the flash worked no problem, and my OC works again 😄 :cool:

ChaosMinionX wrote:

Hi ChaosMinionX,

Could you possibly apply the same fix on the 3902 beta bios for the first RVE board?
I am experiencing the same issue after the W10 1809 October update.
My 6900K 4.2Ghz overclock went to 3.7Ghz after updating to 1809 😞

Thanks!

ChaosMinionX wrote:

If you can apply the same BIOS fix for 3902 Beta for the Rampage V Extreme, that would be great.