cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 Hyper-V with Rampage V Edition 10

ivoencarnacao
Level 7
Has anyone tried Windows 10 Hyper-V with the Rampage V Edition 10?
Have you had any problems?

I have enabled VT-d in BIOS but I can't install Hyper-V and I get this message:

"Hyper-V cannot be installed: Virtualisation support is disabled in the firmware"

Thanks for the help!
5 REPLIES 5

Zarathustraa
Level 7
Try enabling it for the cpu, and hardware pass through. Just browse through all of the settings till you find both virtualization technologies.

Zarathustraa wrote:
Try enabling it for the cpu, and hardware pass through. Just browse through all of the settings till you find both virtualization technologies.

Could you tell me what i should be looking for in the BIOS besides the VT-d option?

Thanks!

Zarathustraa
Level 7
VT-d is for hardware passthrough. Under the cpu settings you need to turn on virtualization to get performance improvements.

Hey guys.
I`m here to help you about the vt-d problem on the asus rampage v edition 10 motherboar, and this problem could be present on others motherboards too.

I triple checked the configurations on the bios, sometimes the vt-d worked normally, after shutdown computer and power on again the vt-d was not worked anymore.

So I tried to reset bios to defaults. No worked.
Tried to reflash bios with downloaded bios.cap file rom website, not worked.
I discovered that I have to export bios.cap file to bios.rom with specific program. After that I can flash the bios with an external programming tool, mine is TL866.
I made this on the 2 bios chips present on the mortherboard.

When I could enter on the bios setup screen, I enabled these options:
1- ADVANCED - CPU CONFIGURATION - Intel Virtualization Technology
2- ADVANCED - System Agent Configuration - Intel VT for Directed i/o (vt-d) - Intel VT for Directed i/o

Works perfectly!

My processor is I7 6850K with 16gb ram 3200 mhz. My windows is Windows 10 2101H build.

My opinion is a bios corrupted after a lot of bios upgrades with the tool presented inside the bios screen: the ez-flash. Maybe some garbage was left during the upgrade.... I don't know for shure...

Cheers.

Guys, one more thing.
You need to execute the command below on the PowerShell with administrative privillege.

bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off

After that, restar computer.

Cheers.