WHAT IS THE BEST FROM THEM
20 REPLIES 20

Techotic
Level 7
Marceleos wrote:
ADATA XPG Z1 2400MHZ C16 4x8GB Kit 32GB
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) 2400MHz C14

WHAT IS THE BEST FROM THEM

They both perform the same. Just choose what you think 'looks' better on the board.

I'm currently using Corsair Dominator Platinum 2800 16GB 4x4GB C16 DDR4 Kit. There are many using and recommending the G.Skill Rip Jaws 4, I just personally don't like the crappy branding on the sticks.

DemonSkull
Level 7
You will find everyone has an opinion on which ram is best lol, its like which is the best game (noooo dont ask that here lmao) but hey it really depends on your budget, and also the amount of ram you intend to install and the use your going to use. Not in any order those are just the 3 main ones.

When I began my build here is what i looked at: My budget was open, so then i looked at what i wanted my machine to do, then i decided to see how much ram is needed -
At that point i learnt 3 things - The cpu you choose supports a certain set of ram, The board has limits for certain brands/speeds this means one brand /speed might only support 16GB of ram at this time, however another brand will support the full 64GB of ram at this time.
And the last thing i found out was 2400 feels the most stable and overclocks to 3000 with no issues 😄

I know this doesnt really answer your question directly, but it should help you discover which is the best ram for you.

Vlada011
Level 10
ASUS should update QVL memory list for Rampage 5 Extreme, CORSAIR have two kits of Dominator Platinum
2666MHz C16 and C15 and only one is on QVL list CMD16GX4M4A2666C16 Ver 5.29. How customers to know Ver of kit if need to buy online.
For me is interesting that kit, and GSkill F4-2800C16Q-16GRK is even cheaper and faster with better latency.
But Dominator have nicer and more expensive heatsink and package, GSkill is cheapest possible only to cover modules.

Vlada011 wrote:
ASUS should update QVL memory list for Rampage 5 Extreme, CORSAIR have two kits of Dominator Platinum
2666MHz C16 and C15 and only one is on QVL list CMD16GX4M4A2666C16 Ver 5.29. How customers to know Ver of kit if need to buy online.
For me is interesting that kit, and GSkill F4-2800C16Q-16GRK is even cheaper and faster with better latency.
But Dominator have nicer and more expensive heatsink and package, GSkill is cheapest possible only to cover modules.

Fancy RAM heatsink actually is a problem for us NH D15 user.

AdamC wrote:
Fancy RAM heatsink actually is a problem for us NH D15 user.

It's time to go water cooling on the CPU. This is my first water cooled anything on my PC and I will never go back to air. Your case will accomodate it and if you want quiet and efficient run Noctua fans throughout-cooling and clearance issue worries are over-tongue in cheek. 🙂
"If you say you can't, then, you probably can't"

RickROG wrote:
It's time to go water cooling on the CPU. This is my first water cooled anything on my PC and I will never go back to air. Your case will accomodate it and if you want quiet and efficient run Noctua fans throughout-cooling and clearance issue worries are over-tongue in cheek. 🙂

Rampage 5 Extreme or Black version will be and mine first water-cooling...
I so hope to find some 5960X cheaper in Serbia but from time to time they show up.
Later only I will add graphic card with more video memory in loop, 3GB is not enough for future definitely.
GM200, I will not wait 6 months for some custom blocks, first reference design for Titan and that's it.
EKWB is close to me and parts is easiest from them.
I thought first Swiftech H220X but later when I look what I need more it's 40% less than little
custom loop.

RickROG
Level 11
I have always run the best memory Corsair makes at the time of purchase and I can uneqivocally say I have never, ever had a problem with any of the Corsair RAM I have run.
Today I own and still hands down recommend:

32G CORSAIR Dominator Platinum CMD32GX4M4A2666C15

here:
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233709

32G is overkill, but, it is future proof. That said I hate the Vengance line; not from personal experience, but, from all the adverse reviews by owners over the years. I stick to their best and have never looked back-Dominator and now Dominator Platinum, 2666 at 1.2v and the timings can still be tweaked for better voltages lowered.
Just my 2 cents.... 🙂
"If you say you can't, then, you probably can't"

Artureld
Level 7
Corsair Dominator Platinum here, rock solid.

AdamC
Level 10
Well I am the other way around. Have done water a long time ago, time when heat pipe heatsink not yet existed. I will not do water again. Granted nowadays water cooling is selling as a complete kit, much easier than my time. I had to buy fish tank pump, tube and etc separately. High end heatpipe heatsink like the NH D15 is just as good as typical water kit. Not bother to go through the trouble again.

dr_owned2
Level 7
G.Skill Ripjaws 4x8Gb 2400. Benchmarks like a monster:

Read and write speeds are higher than Corsair's DDR4-3200: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/blog/2014/september/ddr3_vs_ddr4_synthetic