cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to upgrade memory on R5E and 6850K

phantom101
Level 7
Trying to learn about memory and stuff. I have 16GB of memory - 2 8gb sticks- in my custom build rig which was built in 2016. I'd like to upgrade it to 32Gb. My first thought was to just add another 16gb but I can't find the exact brand of Corsair memory that was put into my build 3 years ago. I've also read that it's better to put the same memory kits and not try to match.

I have the Intel 6850K with the stated 16Gb of Corsair Dominator memory and a GE Force 1080 GPU. When I had this rig built in August 2016, the CPU and GPU's had just come out. It runs fine but I'd like to increase performance and I understand increasing memory is a good way to do that.

Please note the attachment as it shows the memory part number and timings. Any light anyone can provide for me is appreciated.

Thanks,

Phantom101
23 REPLIES 23

ThrashZone wrote:
Hi,
If i want lighting I'll get strip lights
As it is I have one arrgeebee fan just to see what my water level is in my reservoir.

Corsair memory have two xmp profiles that's usually as far as they might go on the sloppy loose timings they use.

Thx, I'll take a look at those profiles.

ThrashZone
Level 10
Hi,
Return for refund
Buy 3200C14 kit.
Is that detailed enough 🙂
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThrashZone wrote:
Hi,
Return for refund
Buy 3200C14 kit.
Is that detailed enough 🙂

Hardly, I was told to buy C14/C15kit. So I bought a 3000 C15 kit and XMP blew up. Why spend even more money until I can figure out how the timings work?

ThrashZone
Level 10
Hi,
Said a while back that c15 was crap
Use thaiphoon burner I bet it has hynix or micro crappy chips on it.

http://www.softnology.biz/files.html
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]