cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VRM burn issue actuall for first and second generation asus x99 motherboard

Nixon2992
Level 7
Dear. Can you say actually is problem burning  VRM for ASUS x99 mobo all generations?
If it results of defect DrMos can you say volume of part x99(separately for all models) and percent of defect?
4 REPLIES 4

Korth
Level 14
I'm not sure I understand your question.

I have two ASUS X99 mobos, both running overclocks since 2014, both still working fine. You'll see numerous posts on these ROG forums from people who have been overclocking their ROG platforms (X99 or older) for a long, long time without reporting mobo VRM issues.

Many people have reported many kinds of defects over the years, problems when the mobos were new, problems which appeared over time.

But many more people have not reported any problems, they are apparently perfectly happy with their perfect mobos.

No manufacturer (like ASUS) will ever volunteer details about design flaws, defect rates, and other problems involving their products, lol. But I think it's safe to say the actual percentage of defective parts is very small - plus the majority of these problems would be immediately evident and would qualify for product return/exchange.

ASUS is well known for using high-quality components and for heavily over-engineering everything they make. There's very good reasons that ASUS mobos consistently set new overclocking records. I think you can be confident that the VRM hardware in any ASUS mobo designed to support extreme overclocking will last for many years without "burning".
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Incidend with burn VRM x99 Deluxe is confirm some bugs in early versions UEFI Asus x99.
Can you say model MBs you use?

Chino
Level 15
Nixon2992 wrote:
Dear. Can you say actually is problem burning 🔥 VRM for ASUS x99 mobo all generations?
If it results of defect DrMos can you say volume of part x99(separately for all models) and percent of defect?

To summarize:

ASUS X99-Deluxe Motherboard owners should immediately update to UEFI 1004. (No other ASUS Intel X99 board is impacted since the ASUS X99 Deluxe had a unique VRM design and firmware setup)
Corsair AXi Power Supply Users Should Use OC Link Software to enable OCP on their PSU if it was made before March 15th, 2013.
The ASUS X99-Deluxe Motherboard is safe to buy. We got another ASUS X99-Deluxe board up and running the day this one failed and it has not failed. We had some DDR4 stability issues with memory kits running 3200MHz, but ASUS fixed that with new memory tables in UEFI 1004. This board is one of the most thoroughly looked at Intel X99 boards on the market today and that should bring comfort to many. We know many of our readers were waiting on this situation to end before buying a $392 board and we don’t blame you.

Read more at http://www.legitreviews.com/intel-x99-motherboard-goes-up-in-smoke-for-reasons-unknown_150008#2MLApO...

So customer can buy ASUS X99 MB.That not burn cpu after accident with deluxe or not?