cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USBs going funny when cpu on %100 load?

smokeintheeye
Level 11
Hello just want to ask if anyone knows why my USB ports sometimes like to go off on there own now and then. more time its when my cpu is at 100% load. but sometimes they dont go off but will play up a little. most of the time it feels like my mouse is not getting the right amount of power when cpu is at 100% load. an example of this can been seen if i open CPUz and GPUz and run the stress test in cpuz then run the PCIE speed test in GPUz the tracking on my mouse gos mad. i get the same at the min in BF1. all my temps look ok as far as i can tell. feels like i need to up[ a volt/power setting in the bios. but i get the same on stock setting or my overclock setting.

Any Reputation is welcome. thanks
3 REPLIES 3

xeromist
Does it matter which header/ports you are using or do they all do this?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

smokeintheeye
Level 11
all usbs seem to do it. dont know if im missing a setting in the bios or what. even taking the ram overclock off just to see if it was that. but still the same.

Any Reputation is welcome. thanks

xeromist
I'd probably try some other USB devices to see if it's something with the mouse or really a wider USB issue. For example I would plug a USB device in to charge and see if charging cuts out. Also I'd try a USB flash drive to see if it disappears from the drives. These two things would test power and data separately.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…