12-01-2015 11:22 AM
12-01-2015 11:34 AM
12-01-2015 12:01 PM
12-01-2015 06:04 PM
Cannot get the USB BIOS Flashback to work. Push the ROG Connect button and release when the light starts to flash. Light flashes 3 times and then goes dark. The expect behavior I believe is for the light to remain on for a certain time period (not sure how long) and then go dark to indicate the BIOS has been updated
I have tried the following for both BIOS1 & BIOS2.
- Format a 16G USB stick to fat32
- Rename BIOS file to R5E.CAP
- Put R5E.CAP file on USB stick
- No other files present on USB stick
- BIOS file on USB stick is a different version than one on motherboard i.e. USB BIOS = 1701 and motherboard BIOS = 1502 as an example
- Insert USB into ROG Connect Port
- Push ROG connect button and release when light begins to flash
Light flashes 3 quick times and goes dark. Reboot machine only to find that BIOS was not changed.
I have also tried to clear CMOS prior to steps above and get same results.
When I examine the USB stick after a failed attempt there is a new folder at root called \@eaDir\@tmp
No files are present in this folder.
The EZ Flash 2 from BIOS works fine as I have updated the BIOS before but I need the flashback to work to upload a modified BIOS. I only used ASUS official BIOS in my attempts above. Have not even tried to use a modified BIOS yet.
My system is running at stock, no overclocking.
5930K, 32G Crucial memory @ 2133
System has been working for 8+ months but this is the first time I have attempted to use the USB flash function.
The only thing I have not done is replace the BIOS battery.
12-02-2015 05:59 PM
12-02-2015 06:34 PM
12-02-2015 06:58 PM