cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TPM 2.0 for Strix X99

jurfrey
Level 7
Hello all,

My configuration requires that I have BitLocker enabled on all drives. I run Windows 10 Pro (v10.0.14393). I have purchased a TPM module (TPM-M R2.0) through Amazon. I received the module, plugged it into my board, opened up the TPM administration console, cleared the TPM, restarted, pressed F12 to clear the TPM, got back into Windows and attempted to enable BitLocker on the OS drive.

I cannot enable BitLocker on the OS drive. TPM administration reads a status of "The TPM is ready for use, with reduced functionality." The event log has an error that says "The device driver for the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) encountered a non-recoverable error in the TPM hardware, which prevents TPM services (such as data encryption) from being used. For further help, please contact the computer manufacturer." What driver is this alluding to? Where can I find this thing?

I have read every scrap of the Windows TPM information and all of that stuff is great and all but not applicable at present as the OS can't read/write the TPM.

Any help is much appreciated.
6 REPLIES 6

goran69
Level 9
Hello,

I believe the Strix 99 motherboard is compliant with TMP module 1.2 standards and not 2.0. I think you have to buy a 1.2 model TPM module.

/Goran

goran69 wrote:
Hello,

I believe the Strix 99 motherboard is compliant with TMP module 1.2 standards and not 2.0. I think you have to buy a 1.2 model TPM module.

/Goran

Thank you, Goran. I ordered a 1.2 module from eBay. I will reply with the outcome.

Thumbs up 🙂

/G

linxeye
Level 8
For whatever reason X99 platform is not compatible with TPM 2.0. Important to note BTW that the connector used for TPM 1.xx and 2.xx is different.

linxeye wrote:
For whatever reason X99 platform is not compatible with TPM 2.0. Important to note BTW that the connector used for TPM 1.xx and 2.xx is different.

Rampage V Edition 10 works fine with TPM 2.0, and has a connector for an ASUS TPM 2.0 module.

livefromps
Level 7
I can't find another pertinent thread. Can one Turin on the TMP 2.o with a strix 299e MB