cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopping stress test on RB causes system hang

Lynkdev
Level 10
Late last year i had a stable OC @4.6 and 1.33 vcore on an earlier bios (forgot what version). Recently i did a fresh install of windows and even updated my bios to 1902 mod and applied the same OC settings i had before.

46 across all cores
100 strap
xmp loaded

Now after updating my bios and deciding to run some stress testing on RB im getting a system hang as soon as i hit the stop button in RB.

Ive tried upping my vcore to 1.35 and even 1.4 and still hangs as soon as i hit stop. RB shows a system stability message on bottom left as it hangs.

Thinking about switching to bios 1801

any other ideas please?

System specs:

5960x
RVE
32 gb gskill
2x titan x SC
8 REPLIES 8

Minsekt
Level 7
did you tried to up vvccin yet? 1.35 and 1.4v is quite much on stock/auto vccin (which is arround 1.850-1.890v)
afaik windows updates your microcode too (even on 1801, bios shows microcode 2D and in Aida64 itll show the microcode 36(latest)) id try it on 1801 again to be sure. ive rolled back to 1801 too because 1902 seems to require way more voltages than 1801 to get my OC stable.

Minsekt wrote:
did you tried to up vvccin yet? 1.35 and 1.4v is quite much on stock/auto vccin (which is arround 1.850-1.890v)
afaik windows updates your microcode too (even on 1801, bios shows microcode 2D and in Aida64 itll show the microcode 36(latest)) id try it on 1801 again to be sure. ive rolled back to 1801 too because 1902 seems to require way more voltages than 1801 to get my OC stable.

Downloaded Aida64, where do i see the microcode? bios tab doesnt show it.

Ill check out my vvcin as well. thanks!

AdamC
Level 10
Some older versions of GeForce driver will cause realbench to crash when stopped.

mdzcpa
Level 12
The problem is with SLI and RB. If you disable SLI the problem will go away.

More info here: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?74446-realbench-crash-when-the-stress-test-is-stopped

mdzcpa wrote:
The problem is with SLI and RB. If you disable SLI the problem will go away.

More info here: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?74446-realbench-crash-when-the-stress-test-is-stopped

Thanks, ill do just that and report back!

eric_iannone
Level 7
I don't see a vvccin setting in bios. I have vccio?

eric_iannone
Level 7
Nevermind, cpu input voltage. Got it

Pleot
Level 8
Could be your windows pagefile that is to low try setting it for half your total ram - example : if total ram = 16Gb set virtual pagefile to 8200 and test if problem goes away