cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share Your Rampage V Build, a positive thread...

skypine27
Level 7
Short descriptions only and a couple of pics celebrating your Rampage V Extreme build.

Mine: 2 x EVGA GTX 980 (different coolers), 5960x, 2 x 6 TB drives, 2 x 1 TB V-Raptor, 1 x 512 mb SSD, 1 x 512 M2 (15 tb total), Corsair H100i. 10 x fans at low RPM (300-500. Only 8 pictured, I added 2 x more fans on the bottom of the h100i). Thermaltake V51 case. Near silent at idle and very very quiet at gaming though I can hear bottom GPU fan a bit:

Edit:
Added newest pic with 4 x noctua fans at low RPM on H100i:
*CPU: Intel 10980XE @ 5.0 ghz (by Core usage) w/ EK monoblock
*Mobo: Asus Rampage VIE
*RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000 G.Skill TridentZ
*Graphics: Gigabite 3090 Waterforce
*Monitor: Dell Alienware AW3418DW @ 120hz
*Storage OS: Samsung SM970 Pro (2TB) Windows 10
*Storage Games Internal: 4TB 850 EVO RAID0
*Storage Extermal: 48TB Raid0 (External USB 3.1 Box)
*Case/PSU: Thermaltake V71 TG/RGB + 3 Rads (120mm, 360mm, 420mm) + Corsair AX1200i PSU
161 REPLIES 161

Onimax
Level 8
Just a quick pic of my new RV10 build, now that I finally got the EK Acetal block 😃
Super happy with it!

The CPU does 4Ghz rock solid without any Voltage modding required, 4.2Ghz with just 1.1V (but damn those 10 cores get hot under stress...) - guess that's a golden sample here?
The GPUs also go to 2050Mhz without any issues.

Like I said, super happy. 😄

Onimax wrote:
Just a quick pic of my new RV10 build, now that I finally got the EK Acetal block 😃
Super happy with it!

The CPU does 4Ghz rock solid without any Voltage modding required, 4.2Ghz with just 1.1V (but damn those 10 cores get hot under stress...) - guess that's a golden sample here?
The GPUs also go to 2050Mhz without any issues.

Like I said, super happy. 😄

That Caselabs look great, and hardware off course.
I saw before few weeks some company from Romania become distributor of Caselabs, for Europe.
Prices are higher but they deserve to be bought.

Vlada011
Level 10
Great build, ASUS GTX1080 Strix look perfect on Rampage V Edition 10.
I could not imagine other GPU on that board.
Excellent RIG.

I'm really glad because I have Rampage board, only I'm not so happy because Black Edition is launched later and I couldn't wait so much.
Excellent hardware, box of my Rampage V Extreme still smell on new ASUS hardware...
I like that... When you install new motherboard and GPU and whole house smell on new electronic 1-2 weeks.
I would like to someone made sprey with same aroma and than computer could smell on new always.

Customers long time wait Rampage Black, but now all premium X99 boards are in shadow of Rampage V Edition 10th.
This year domination of ASUS is maybe even bigger because they had excellent competition in MSI Godlike and they beat both version and normal and carbon.
And on Newegg MSI Godlike Carbon cost more and worth at least 80$ less because brand and status of ASUS.

Cop_Osiris
Level 7

My DeckMod by Cop-Osiris

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 3 mediante Tapatalk

JuSiZ1
Level 10
Copper pipes go away and now i put qdc's to cpu and gpu.

skypine27
Level 7
OP reporting in:

Swapped out the R5E for an R5E V10 a while ago, and LED ram. *Got them to look like rocket pops!

*CPU: Intel 10980XE @ 5.0 ghz (by Core usage) w/ EK monoblock
*Mobo: Asus Rampage VIE
*RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000 G.Skill TridentZ
*Graphics: Gigabite 3090 Waterforce
*Monitor: Dell Alienware AW3418DW @ 120hz
*Storage OS: Samsung SM970 Pro (2TB) Windows 10
*Storage Games Internal: 4TB 850 EVO RAID0
*Storage Extermal: 48TB Raid0 (External USB 3.1 Box)
*Case/PSU: Thermaltake V71 TG/RGB + 3 Rads (120mm, 360mm, 420mm) + Corsair AX1200i PSU

skypine27 wrote:
OP reporting in:

Swapped out the R5E for an R5E V10 a while ago, and LED ram. *Got them to look like rocket pops!

And I switch from Rampage V Extreme to Rampage V E10.
i'm proud to say I have board ASUS launched for 10th ROG Anniversary.
Special customers who no money to change platform so fast could search for such unique hardware.
I spent all of money on hardware.
For now only this picture but I have EKWB Monoblock and that mena only once... Watercooling.
Because custom tax I will import separate things, radiator + fittings/tubes, than pump/reservoir combo.
Later I will replace CPU from budget i7-5820K to some model who can deal in games with i9-7900X.

I loved both of my motherboards, Rampage V Extreme I will almost cry when buyers arrive.
I hope RVE10 will serve me as RVE. It's better board, no doubt, more new things, no useless SATA Express,
but have important U.2, USB 3.1 both A+C, premounted I/O shield.
Very important x4 PCI-E if not for 28 than for CPU with 40 PCI-E lanes.
Bad because ASUS didn't present ROG mATX X299. I have in head such insane project for Mini ITX or better mATX boards in SFX Case.
But both CPU and GPU need to be cooled with 280mm radiator and no place for racing OC just components to stay cool after normal OC.
Mini ITX X299 is sentenced to SO-DIMM and no Sound Card, and it's unknown difference between SO-DIMM and desktop memory,
mATX have desktop memory and place for sound card.
But for now I will stay on X99. i9-7900X is to expensive, different price would force more people to switch to X299.
Example i9-7900X to cost 500$. That would be reason to switch. Now one i7-6900K or OC i7-5960X on old motherboards outperform i7-7820X in games.

I can't explain how I was satisfied with Rampage V Extreme but RVE10 with Monoblock RGB is different class, something I wished from launch date.
I couldn't miss to switch because price of switch cost me one EKWB Monoblock RGB, rest of money will be full compensate after sell RVE.
X99 is strong platform, two generations of desktop processors and two generations of Intel Xeons V3 and V4, up to 18 and up to 22 cores.

kaufen
Level 7
But if its connected to a external RAD how do you work on it when its stuffed into a cubby?

Vlada011
Level 10
These Broadwell-E are almost impossible to find for nice price.
i7-5960X used cost as i7-7820X new... where is logic?

To be honest I could find cheaper i9-7900X new than used i7-6900K.
That's tragic because I have X99 board and nicest monoblock ever launched.
I suppose I will need to OC i7-5820K to 4.5GHz and wait better chance and little more time to pass for i7-6950X.
It's not only multi threaded almost twice faster than i7-5820K and overclocked same as AMD 1920X. His single threaded performance on 4.2GHz are as i7-5820K on 4.5GHz.
Memory speed and better IMC as well.

I didn't know I will be able to find i9-7900X new for 700euro, I would wait with board and both Apex.
I could sell X99 and I have enough for i9-7900X but board is full investment, and that's 500 euro. I can't buy 200$ worth board, minimum Rampage VI Apex.
But to be honest X99 is nicer to me somehow... I don't know, off course only need better model than budget variant of CPU.

Vlada011
Level 10
I prepare watercooling ... But I will go on soft tube...
Hard tubes are somehow gayish for me. Norprene and Silver Quick Disconnect Rule.
To bad EKWB have only 16/10 norprene, 13/10 are best size for me and size I will use.