cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secure erase dorsnt work

OnlineNow
Level 7
It says frozen at first then i just click erase, reinstall windows and then all the crap I wanted to get rid of, comes back.
Installed windows over 70 times in the last three months. Using dvds mostly.
Read the manual, watched videos, I do exactly what everyone does but nada.
Can this thing delete all kind of partitions?*
Is the frozen thing normal?
Did someone flas my bios with Useless Secure Erase Version? Oh yeah I got hacked three months ago and *its still happening.
*Basically I cant use anything electronic without being observed, harrased, etc. so any help is greaaaatly appreciated.
Want to check one more time before selling it.*

Right before getting hacked (actually Ive been getting spied since sept 2016 but in dec 2016' they cloned my google account, converted all my pcs to vms and cloned the sim cards, everything). As I was saying, on dec 2016 I installed a program ( manageiq ) that allowed them to do all this. This program basically made a vm into my machine and I think the partition for that is EFI. Does secure erase delete those aswel? If the answer is yes, then I would think the firmware of the mother was flashed. After añl they were spying me since sept 2016 or even before that.*
6 REPLIES 6

Chino
Level 15
When you select the drive to secure erase, the system will restart. Once it does, it'll throw you back into the Secure Erase utility and you can proceed to execute the function.

Chino wrote:
When you select the drive to secure erase, the system will restart. Once it does, it'll throw you back into the Secure Erase utility and you can proceed to execute the function.

Exactly. Thats what doesnt work. What can I do to restore the entire mb's firmware, not just the BIOS ?

a random efi partition still shows up even if i reflash the bios 20 times and use secure erase 9999 times.
windows files from the old installation showing up as if i didnt use secure erase at all.
not working for me.

Chino
Level 15
Secure erase clears everything. So I'm assuming you're note secure erasing the drive properly or you didn't finish the command.

A drive marked frozen is usually due to it being 1st in the boot order, try changing the boot order to a usb drive 1st then give it another go.