cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung 950 Pro and 4TB WD Black x2 on Raid 0

Halodies
Level 7
Hi,

I need help here, I was trying to make Raid 0 with my 4TB WD Black x2, everything worked well in the bios but the
950 Pro stopped booting, i had windows installed on it before creating my raid 0, i tried everything to fix this issue, help me, please

I'm running Asus Rampage V extreme with i7 5820k, Corsair Dominator DDR4 32GB.

Cheers
14 REPLIES 14

gene-iv-ocz-revo3-240 wrote:
I have the 950 Pro and can boot fine with it in the M.2 slot with a raid0 drive. It's possible the boot order changed in the bios and you need to switch it.

Also I installed Windows10 on the 950PRO in UEFI bios mode I have not tried any other method.

Which BIOS are you using please?
I have 950 Pro M.2 which boots and runs fine, but adding one or more SATA drives with RAID selected for SATA controller 1 loses M.2 device from BIOS on restart.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?83474-M-2-boot-drive-with-RAID-data-drives-M-2-disappears-...

Thanks!

LiveOrDie
Level 11
If you changed your storage controller settings to RAID after installing windows that maybe your problem.

LiveOrDie wrote:
If you changed your storage controller settings to RAID after installing windows that maybe your problem.

I tried to do the raid first before installing windows, didn't work either

GoNz0-
Level 10
using my modded 1902 BIOS with 2 RAID 0 arrays and a 950 pro with no issue on my 5930

GoNz0- wrote:
using my modded 1902 BIOS with 2 RAID 0 arrays and a 950 pro with no issue on my 5930

Thanks GoNz0, I got it working.
Details here