cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RVE10: SupremeFX Hi-Fi Front Panel Problems

tgwEcho
Level 7
Greetings!

I just finished a new build with the Rampage V Edition 10, i7-6850k, and GTX 1080s in SLI. While I'm generally pleased with the board's performance, I have been quite disappointed with the front panel audio.

Here are my issues/supporting information:

- I'm using Sennheiser HD650s with a 6.3mm jack.

- While I can get sound from the SupremeFX Hi-Fi headphone output on the front panel, it sounds pretty dull and unimpressive compared with the sound blaster zxr.

- The impedance check works fine.

- I can't get Sonic Suite II to interact with the SupremeFX Hi-Fi headphone output (i.e. front panel). This means the software options available in SSII (e.g., equalizer) have no effect on how my headphones sound when plugged into the front panel.

- Teamspeak 3 won't recognize the SupremeFX Hi-Fi headphone output.

- the microphone on the SupremeFX Hi-Fi front panel is extremely quiet - even when the volume is set to the maximum level. If I connect it to the rear panel, it works well.

I have triple-checked that all drivers are installed (i.e., both Realtek and SupremeFX Hi-Fi) and that the front panel is connected to the motherboard and PSU properly. There are only two connections, so it would be hard to do improperly.

The supporting documentation is unhelpful, lacking a meaningful description of how to configure these audio devices and how to use them. The examples on YouTube appear to describe previous versions of SSII that have almost no connection with how the current software looks or operates.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot this issue?
47 REPLIES 47

I said the hell with it and disabled the onboard and removed the SupremeFX HiFi card all together and put my Xonar DX back in. They dropped the ball with this one, bad. Very displeased. Maybe if this gets kinked out some time down the road I may revisit it, but for now my Xonar DX beats both.

Sorry to hear that. I would also go that route if I had another headphone amp/dac or another sound card laying around but sadly I am stuck with the Asus SupremeFX DAC.

The motherboard audio is very good as far as motherboard audio goes but I can't help but think the SupremeFX DAC contributed a large portion to the price I paid for the motherboard assembly, thus It NEEDS to be working.

Is there anything I can do to get my SupremeFX HiFi DAC/AMP besides having to do a fresh windows install? (Anyone? Asus?)

I recently tried doing: "Installed the V1911421 Driver packaged and used the Hifi supreme installer. Everything installed without problems. Sonic Studios still works on its own. The SupremeFX HiFi program recognizes my 23ohm headphones in the 3.5mm jack but gets nothing in the 6.5mm jack (tried a couple different headphones). When I play music into the 3.5mm, in my volume settings, it shows the music is playing but there is nothing coming into the headphones."

Was I supposed to wipe the Realtek drivers as well before installing the new SupremeFX HiFi Drivers/software?

Did you try turning the knob on the SupremeFX HiFi? I had to turn the crap out of it a ton of rotations for the volume to turn up.

xthane wrote:
Did you try turning the knob on the SupremeFX HiFi? I had to turn the crap out of it a ton of rotations for the volume to turn up.
I did rotate the knob about 20 complete turns but heard no increase in volume. In my Windows>Playback settings, the little volume meter was hitting the top when I had music playing (still nothing into the headphones).

SimondsUnchaind wrote:
I did rotate the knob about 20 complete turns but heard no increase in volume. In my Windows>Playback settings, the little volume meter was hitting the top when I had music playing (still nothing into the headphones).

in WIndows, there is sound settings, did you put the highest level for the output of your headphones?
Did you also set in Windows's sounds settings that your Headphone is the Default device?
Sincerely,
Legolas

Legolas wrote:
in WIndows, there is sound settings, did you put the highest level for the output of your headphones?
Did you also set in Windows's sounds settings that your Headphone is the Default device?
I am not sure what you mean by "putting the highest level for the output of the headphones" but I did make sure the HiFi DAC was the default device and made sure the volume was up anywhere I could increase it.

I can't help but feel I am not running the "perfect" combination of drivers to make it work. I also still don't know why my 3.5mm jack would sense my headphones but the 6.5mm jack would not.

I'd literally E-transfer someone money if they can give me a solution that leads to the DAC/Amp working, excluding wiping my windows.

nonnac7 wrote:
I am also having these issues. I have gotten it to work only 2 times and each time i get distortion at bitrates 192hz and above. Seems to have driver related issues.

What I did to get it working:
1. Removed SupremeFX software from PC (do not reboot yet).
2. I went into Device Manager (clicked show hidden) and removed every single thing related to SupremeFX. *Note I kept the realtek stuff installed.
3. Shutdown the PC, unplugged the PCIe cable from the DAC.
4. Started PC, opened CCleaner and cleaned registry.
5. Shutdown the PC, replugged in the PCIe cable into the DAC.
6. Started PC, Installed SupremeFX package and restarted pc.

This happened to work, your mileage may vary. I tried every easier solution, like not unplugging pcie, just reinstalled drivers, etc.. It never worked.

The issue I believe is indeed the drivers. When I change headphone jack from 6.3 to 3.5 I hear a click (which I'm guessing is the hardware switching inputs) when it is working. I didn't hear this switch at all when the headphones didn't work. The volume knob also didn't work at all. Once I could manipulate the volume knob and it showed up in the SupremeFX software the audio would work again.

Overall I am displeased with the drivers and DAC as a whole. I hope they get the issues sorted out.

Side Issue: The mic in on the DAC is EXTREMELY low volume when working.

System Specs: Windows 10 Pro x64, 6850k, rve10, 16gb 3200mhz ram, 980ti, ax860 psu,

Thank you sir. I followed this to get my RVe10 DAC/Amp working on my RIVE. Perfect.**

Dagamus(NM) wrote:
Thank you sir. I followed this to get my RVe10 DAC/Amp working on my RIVE. Perfect.**

Hello
Do you have problems with the mic of DAC supreme fx? I have problem with any apps (teamspeak,skype etc) with the sound they listening me very bad and low noise. All problems stoped as soon as connect the jack to the rear panel of board...The sound of headphones is very good!
Thanx
George
Μobo:ROG STRIX Z790-F GAMING WIFI-CPU:Intel Core i9-14900K-Cooler:EKW-EK-KIT RGB 360-RAM:G.SKILL Trident Z5 DDR5-6400 CL32 64GB(4 x 16 GB)-GPU:ASUS GeForce® ASUS ROG STRIX GAMING RTX-3080Ti-#43; EKW-EK-KIT 480 RGB -PSU:Corsair HX1200i:HDD:Samsung M2 980 PRO with heatsink 2TB+Samsung 990 PRO 2 TB RAID-0 +Asus RAIDR Express 240GB- Case:Thermaltake View 91 Tempered Glass RGB Editionx

Koutport wrote:
Hello
Do you have problems with the mic of DAC supreme fx? I have problem with any apps (teamspeak,skype etc) with the sound they listening me very bad and low noise. All problems stoped as soon as connect the jack to the rear panel of board...The sound of headphones is very good!
Thanx
George

Same issue and with new driver the mic input by default changed to line in and it's not changing to mic in I think there will a fix in software and firmware level in the future.since its a great device and engineered perfectly dont know why ASUS delaying the support
follow this thread
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?94604-SupremeFX-Hi-Fi-DAC-Driver-Update-(V1-9-114-23)-does...

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?95755-SupremeFX-Hi-Fi-DAC-Driver

Catalonia
Level 7
Isn't obvius for Asus that this product is defective? How many customers need to complain before you take some action? SupremeFX is broken Either Hardware of Software side? Why don't they do a massive recall and exchange them for working units? Why don't they just release a working driver?

It's been so many months since I spent more than 600€ in this fukking piece of ****ty motherboard and don't even get me started with Bluetooth... I had to buy a USB-Bluetooth dongle in order to connect my bluetooth speakers, and the SupremeFX module isn't working yet...

How I hate you Asus, how I hate you...