cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RVE10: SupremeFX Hi-Fi Front Panel Problems

tgwEcho
Level 7
Greetings!

I just finished a new build with the Rampage V Edition 10, i7-6850k, and GTX 1080s in SLI. While I'm generally pleased with the board's performance, I have been quite disappointed with the front panel audio.

Here are my issues/supporting information:

- I'm using Sennheiser HD650s with a 6.3mm jack.

- While I can get sound from the SupremeFX Hi-Fi headphone output on the front panel, it sounds pretty dull and unimpressive compared with the sound blaster zxr.

- The impedance check works fine.

- I can't get Sonic Suite II to interact with the SupremeFX Hi-Fi headphone output (i.e. front panel). This means the software options available in SSII (e.g., equalizer) have no effect on how my headphones sound when plugged into the front panel.

- Teamspeak 3 won't recognize the SupremeFX Hi-Fi headphone output.

- the microphone on the SupremeFX Hi-Fi front panel is extremely quiet - even when the volume is set to the maximum level. If I connect it to the rear panel, it works well.

I have triple-checked that all drivers are installed (i.e., both Realtek and SupremeFX Hi-Fi) and that the front panel is connected to the motherboard and PSU properly. There are only two connections, so it would be hard to do improperly.

The supporting documentation is unhelpful, lacking a meaningful description of how to configure these audio devices and how to use them. The examples on YouTube appear to describe previous versions of SSII that have almost no connection with how the current software looks or operates.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot this issue?
47 REPLIES 47

Catalonia
Level 7
Question to the admin.
Why did you delete my post?

Catalonia wrote:
Question to the admin.
Why did you delete my post?

It was more than one post. I have grown tired of of your continual typing in a manner that requires the forum's swear filter to be activated. Any further violations of the forum rules will result in the loss pf posting privileges.

Praz wrote:
It was more than one post. I have grown tired of of your continual typing in a manner that requires the forum's swear filter to be activated. Any further violations of the forum rules will result in the loss pf posting privileges.

If you're tired... Just try to imagine how we customers are after receiving this non existent support for a defective extremely expensive motherboard, and after continuous and continuous post Asus keeps ingnoring us.

None of the posts I wrote were violent, just the result of an angry customer that is receiving zero support from Asus for a terrible product.

Are you some sort of Asus representative? Or just taking care of swears in the form? We NEED an answer from Asus and we're left in the dust. 0

Catalonia wrote:
If you're tired... Just try to imagine how we customers are after receiving this non existent support for a defective extremely expensive motherboard, and after continuous and continuous post Asus keeps ingnoring us.

None of the posts I wrote were violent, just the result of an angry customer that is receiving zero support from Asus for a terrible product.

Are you some sort of Asus representative? Or just taking care of swears in the form? We NEED an answer from Asus and we're left in the dust. 0

OK I am posting this to help others that cant get this working.

I am running the latest version of Windows 10 Fall creators edition Version 1709. When you install their latest driver from their website 1.9.114.26 it will say it installed but if you go into your device manager you will see a section called Sound, Video and game controllers. If you click on that you will see SupremeFX Hi-Fi and if you right click on that and go to properties it will probably say MICROSOFT because you need to manually install the ASUS driver and use Version 21 the file is named SupremeFXHi-Fi_Driver_v1911421.Zip and can be downloaded from here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jqljbv1elpdjj6k/AABZgQECsNOiEWp8YjOC1zYea?dl=0

Uninstall version 26 and reboot. Now unzip version 21 from the link above and install it. After it is installed reboot your computer. Now go to device Manager and click on Sound, video and game controllers. Right click on SupremeFX Hi-Fi and click update driver. Click Browse computer for driver software. Click Let me pick from a list of available driers on my computer. Click have disk now click on Browse and go to C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\SupremeFX_Hi-Fi\Driver and cock on the file named ASUHDUAC.inf click OK and next. IT will install and report Windows Successfully updated your driver. Click Close and reboot.

Now the strange part. after you reboot launch the SupremeFX Hi-Fi Control Panel. Plug in your headphones. Start playing a song. You will not hear ANYTHING but if you twist the know on your SupremeFX all of a sudden it will begin working. Not sure why you have to twist it but if you dont you will still not hear anyhting. Also make sure that the volume on your small speaker icon in the windows task bar is turned up. I recommend turning this up to 100 percent and controlling the volume in your headphones with the knob o the SuprmeFX unit.

I have reported this to 3rd level support at ASUS so that they can fix this once and for all for everyone Happy Headphone listening.

Honami
Level 7
Want more issues?
Black ops 3 - No sound output if i use SupremeFX Hi-Fi
Skype making buzzing sound when i have voice notifications (logged in and logged out).
No voice chat in Overwatch while using the DAC.
Sometimes the DAC senses my HD-8 DJ as 800ohms headphones instead of 90-95 ohms as should be.\

Windows 10 pro with all updates, R5E10, 6900K, 950 pro 512GB OS Drive.

Honami wrote:
Want more issues?
Black ops 3 - No sound output if i use SupremeFX Hi-Fi
Skype making buzzing sound when i have voice notifications (logged in and logged out).
No voice chat in Overwatch while using the DAC.
Sometimes the DAC senses my HD-8 DJ as 800ohms headphones instead of 90-95 ohms as should be.\

Windows 10 pro with all updates, R5E10, 6900K, 950 pro 512GB OS Drive.

I can confirm no voice chat in Overwatch VIA the DAC. I'm also currently unable to open the supreme HiFi program after fixing my Sonic Studios II with older drivers.

SimondsUnchaind wrote:
I can confirm no voice chat in Overwatch VIA the DAC. I'm also currently unable to open the supreme HiFi program after fixing my Sonic Studios II with older drivers.

Are you guys using the latest driver version that came out yesterday?

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-RAMPAGE-V-EDITION-10/HelpDesk_Download/

[Direct Download Link]

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/audio/V7904_20160815_WHQL_DTS_StudioSound_SonicSuite.zip?_ga=1...

Anybody can try them out and see if it works?

Catalonia wrote:

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-RAMPAGE-V-EDITION-10/HelpDesk_Download/

[Direct Download Link]

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/audio/V7904_20160815_WHQL_DTS_StudioSound_SonicSuite.zip?_ga=1...

I'll look into this once I'm back home from work.

I am terrible nervous about applying further audio updates after the issues I've had with just getting my motherboard outputs to work. I will definitely report back with any revelations I have. Thanks for the tip Catalonia

Catalonia wrote:

[Direct Download Link]

I wonder why asus won't update the DAC Drivers to improve it's work.
Really dissapointed from ASUS about the DAC.

broken_pixel
Level 7
I hooked up the SupremeFX-HIFI box correctly, installed the driver and no sound coming from the headphone jack.
R4BE BIOS 0701 3930K @ 4.7GHz +0.005 XSPC Raystorm H20 block 16GB Corsair Dominator GT @ 2133MHz 9-11-10-27-1N SuperNOVA 1600 G2 XFX 290x XFX 290x 2x CL4100 240GB Intel RAID 0 Revo3 240GB XFI Win10 Enterprise TM HOTAS Warthog Slaw device BF-109 pedals TrackIR 5X270OC @ 2560x1440 @ 100Hz