cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RVE10, 6950X and SLI

TrevorR
Level 8
I have the following board and CPU. I have two 1080 gtx classified and last week they were both in the 1st and 3rd PCI slot and were both running at x16 3.0. A couple days ago I put them under water and used the dual slot EK terminal thing so naturally, they would be placed on the 1st and 2nd PCIE slot.

In the bios it says that it is recommended that the 2nd card should be placed in the 3rd slot and there's an exclamation mark next to the 2nd card. In GPUz it reports that the cards are running at 16x 2.0 for the first card and x8 3.0 for the 2nd.

In witcher 3, my FPS was 60 FPS (60 FPS because 4k monitor max 60hz) when the cards were on the 1st and 3rd slot. When I loaded that up that same exact save at the same exact spot when the cards are at the 1st and 2nd slot, my FPS was 49.

Is this the result of having the cards placed at the 1st and 2ndd slot? Are there any workarounds for this or should I get rid of the terminal and run tubing between the cards?

I just can't understand how this would affect performance that much unless I'm doing something wrong.\

Any input is highly appreciated!
4 REPLIES 4

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
You need the three slot terminal and a blank to close off the middle (second) slot.

The recommended 1st and 3rd slots are there for a reason to do with how the board's PCIe lanes are wired up to the CPU.

You need to try and keep to the recommendations to run x16 x16...triple SLI bridge and triple EK bridge too...

Chino
Level 15
TrevorR wrote:

Is this the result of having the cards placed at the 1st and 2ndd slot? Are there any workarounds for this or should I get rid of the terminal and run tubing between the cards?

With that configuration, your GPUs are running at x16/x8. You should take Arne's advice so that your GPUs are running at the optimum x16/x16.

Chino wrote:
With that configuration, your GPUs are running at x16/x8. You should take Arne's advice so that your GPUs are running at the optimum x16/x16.

Slot 2 isn't even physically wired as 16. Which is why the recommend what they do. It isn't a suggestion.

Have a look at the back of the board - notice anything?:

MikeAdu
Level 9
Hi!
Use EK 3-slot terminal with blank cover (sold separately).Notice,that EK terminals are serial and parallel,so blanks are too.You need to select both serial or parallel.I have serial.
Mike.

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk