cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage V only 12gb showing out of 16gb

TrevorR
Level 8
I'm having issues with the new Rampage V that I just bought last week. I have the G.Skill 16gb ddr4-3000 ram and the RVE will read the entire 16gb just fine without the xmp and stock settings. However, I enabled the XMP without changing anything else and it doesn't show the entire 16gb. I have changed the system voltage setings by .01v starting from 0.08 all the way up to 1.15v, only 12gb shows. Manually setting the ram does not work and the board does not boot.
It is NOT my ram. This ram was installed with my other Rampage V just last week and it worked perfectly with the XMP profile. I moved all the old stuff onto the new board. I had to get a new one because I installed a new custom loop and in the process bent the pins on my old board.

Is my board defective? I can't get the full 16gb to work.
11 REPLIES 11

TrevorR
Level 8
Bios was updated prior to enabling XMP. Any suggestions?

Vlada011
Level 10
Did you tried msconfig > boot > advanced options . maximum memory Apply and restart.
First time when I install OS I had I think 15.9GB Usable but after that everything back on normal and now no more 15.9 usable.
When I work something arround motherboard socket everything must be easy and I don;t like nobody to distract me or to hurry me, special if someone call me to install him and than constantly ask something... That was most sensitive operation Installing Intel processors... I everything check twice. Long time I didn't do that... After 5-6 years of playing with hardware I start to install CPU in Intel socket. OK and AMD know to be inconvenient special when someone
didn't remove cooler 2-3 years. And I can say I never bend pins on socket or on AMD CPUs, never... But that happen usually advanced users who work that long time and then forgot to pay attention.... Socket is not sensitive at all as people want to present only you need to be human, not animal.

TrevorR
Level 8
16gb g.skill ddr4-3000 15-16-16-35
500gb evo 850
Asus 980 ti
RVE
Corsair Rm1000

Chino
Level 15
Did you inspect the CPU socket for any bent or missing pins before you installed your CPU into the new motherboard?

TrevorR
Level 8
Yes I did but I will try to reseat the CPU and see if that'll help.

kukharev
Level 7
Change the modules in places. I had the same story... one of the modules was not until the end inserted into the slot, and the other was not determined until I changed it in some places with a working module