cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage V - issue with memory

rzbierski
Level 7
hello,
I have MB - Rampage V , and I have lot of issues with this MB.
Lot of bd code or bF, i'm frustrated because I spent lot of money. I have to swap memory in slot , restart PC by Hard Reset etc.
I have 8x8GB Ram - Fury HYPER DDR4 (HX426C15FB/8) - spec https://www.kingston.com/datasheets/HX426C15FB_8.pdf

Could You please help me ?? Maybe I have wrong RAM or maybe I have wrong settings in BIOS, if yes could someone help me with settings ??

Thank You,
Radek
35 REPLIES 35

rzbierski
Level 7

MikeAdu
Level 9
Set cursor to System Agent and type your value.
The same to DRAM voltage(CH AB and CD)

rzbierski
Level 7
hello,
I set PCH I/O Voltage - to min 1.200 (sys doesn't allow me to set lower)
I set DRAM Voltrage - 1.350

Works with 32GB, but with 64GB event doesn't allow to go to BIOS

Is something else what I can set to allow 64GB works ??
Thanks

MikeAdu
Level 9
Please list all your specs.

rzbierski
Level 7
hello,
I have intel i7 5960 + Rampage V extreme + 64GB (model on first page) + 2x256GB SSD + GeForce GT 720

all settings in BIOS (I don't know why BIOS decresed speed of memory to 1866MHz - should be 2666Mhz)

Craig
Level 8
Increase the CPU System Agent Voltage from 0.816V to 0.9 to start with and the go up in .010 lots until you have stability.

MikeAdu
Level 9
Hi.
So,you have the same CPU as me.
What kind of cooling do you gave?

I don’t have monitor right now,so I will try to give you my setup by memory.
1.Set AI overclock tuner from AUTO to manual.
2.CPU strap must be 100
3.Go to multipliers.For CPU 40(all cores),Cache MIN/MAX - 35.
4.DRAM Frequency set to 2666.You may also go to DRAM Timing Control to set timings(first 4 settings as your memory should work at).
5.Go lower.CPU Core Voltage set to 1.15V,CPU Cache Voltage set to 1.15V,CPU System Agent set to 1.05V.
6.Go to DRAM voltage and set 1.2V.You may rise this voltage a bit(up to 1.25,I think).
Let me know about results.

rzbierski
Level 7
hello,
i have this cooling
https://www.corsair.com/eu/en/Categories/Products/Liquid-Cooling/Dual-Radiator-Liquid-Coolers/Hydro-...
I will check Your settings

OK, I set as below but it's the same 😞
With 5 DIMM is OK - 40GB, 2666 MHZ speed
When I add six DIMM i have bd code, i have to run in safe boot ( i have overclocking failed info) and BIOS see only 32GB with wrong speed (as below - 6x8GB is installed on MB, but only 32GB is shown) - hands fall 😞

rzbierski wrote:
hello,
i have this cooling
https://www.corsair.com/eu/en/Categories/Products/Liquid-Cooling/Dual-Radiator-Liquid-Coolers/Hydro-...
I will check Your settings

OK, I set as below but it's the same 😞
With 5 DIMM is OK - 40GB, 2666 MHZ speed
When I add six DIMM i have bd code, i have to run in safe boot ( i have overclocking failed info) and BIOS see only 32GB with wrong speed (as below - 6x8GB is installed on MB, but only 32GB is shown) - hands fall 😞

You need to adjust your CPU System Agent Voltage. This is what the BD error you keep getting is related to.

MikeAdu
Level 9
So,what is your BIOS version?I can see some difference between your and my BIOS.Maybe you could update your BIOS to 3701 version by using USB?