cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage V Extreme will not boot

ItachiUchi
Level 7
Hey guys looking for a SOS on this one. I got this Rampage V Extreme board/cpu/case from a guy at work. I slapped in a old hard drive I had laying around and some ram and I have been working on getting it running for the past three days after work. I have cleared the CMOS, Flashed the newest BIOS I found from https://www.asus.com/me-en/supportonly/rampage%20v%20extreme/helpdesk_cpu/

So the issue is that when i go to boot up the windows installation media USB the white loading circles just keeps going. I let it run last night on the windows installation media and when i woke up to check up on it the Q-Code went from AA to 01. So i looked up some other people who were having this issue and found this guy who said to pull the CMOS and let the board rest for 20 minutes. Completed that and now im back to the White circles. Please help im pretty decent with computers so i should be able to follow along with instructions. Thank you in advance.

RAMPAGE V EXTREME
Intel i7 5960x
G-Skill Aegis DDR4 2133MHZ 16GB (4x4gb)
Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming
EVGA SuperNOVA 1600w P2
Corsair Hydro Series H105 240 MM
1 REPLY 1

JOSHSKORN
Level 7
I saw the exact same post, presumably from you over at Tom's Hardware. Looks like you got the issue fixed by swapping out for a different SSD. Can you confirm?