cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage V Extreme Ram Issue

Consp1racyy
Level 7
Hey guys! So I have had this problem since I got the build back in 2014. Today I thought I would try an solve it since I had time to play with again. The issue I am facing is that I have had to force my 16GB 4x4 Ram into a Dual channel setup (DIMM slots A1, A2 and C1,C2) because the DIMM slot B1 doesn't show the 4GB present in the slot.

My System:

CPU: Intel i7 5930K (12CPUs) @ 3.50GHz
Cooler: Noctua NH-D15
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V Extreme (BIOS verison is 3504)
RAM: 16GB 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2800MHz
GPU: MSI NVIDIA GTX980 4GB
SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 750GB
HDD: 1TB Western Digital
PSU: Corsair AX1200i
Case: Silverstone Fortress FT02B

What I tried today:
Individually test each Ram stick into the slots A1, D1 and B1, B2 (the one that doesn't pick up the Ram when I load all 4 into a Quad channel setup A1, B1, C1, D1). The slots that didn't pick up a RAM stick was B1 and B2.
Manually overclocking the Ram myself and upping the voltage on the Ram and System Agent
Setting optimized defaults
Tried XMP profile with and without Rampage Mode tweaks for DRAM

I don't know what else to do, the slot works fine with one stick, but will not work when I use all 4 sticks.
I am also running the latest BIOS 3801

Any help would be appreciated!
10 REPLIES 10

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
As Menthol said...that's all you can try to do...sometimes it works other times it doesn't...I'd just take the CPU out and double and triple check...the tolerances are tiny so you just have to work at it until it's 100%...assuming pins aren't broken at the base etc. 😞

I tried what he said about the Ram sticks in different DIMMS, I said I tried this in my OP but thanks