cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage v extreme problems. need help!! Q codes 17, 19

nokturnalb6six6
Level 7
To start off yes im a noob (sorry if i say anything stupid.) to pc building and i need help. Was wondering if anyone out there knows what the cause of q code 17, 19 hang ups are.( 17 pre memory system agent initialization started, 19 pre memory pch initialization started) ever since i got this board when i do a warm boot or restart it will hang on q codes 17 and 19 and wont move past them. In order to get past them i have to shut down, kill the power on the power supply and wait for about 15 minutes. Its been doing this since i bought it and i cant for the life of me figure out why its doing this. As for troubleshooting, I assembled everything outside the case, inspected the socket for bent pins, checked to make sure there was no grounding issues in the case, tried two different sets of ram, and a different power supply. Still getting the same results and sometimes get a 00 boot loop. also note that once i do get into windows everything is fine and i can play games for hours on end with no issues and it has no issues when the systems cold but if i shut down and dont wait a while it will hang on those two q codes. My parts are intel 5930k, ram gskill ripjaws 4 (4x8gb) 2400, graphics evga titan x, power supply silverstone sst-st1500w gs, cooler corsair h110igt. If anyone could give me some insight to some potential causes for these issues are it would be greatly appreciated. This whole ordeal has been stressing me out.
14,163 Views
30 REPLIES 30

Avenger411
Level 10
Hey!

Ok, do you have the latest bios ? If not, install it via the usb flashback method with a fat32 usb. You might have a corrupted bios. Do you have problems when you do not use xmp or any overclock ? if not then try manually setting the ram instead of using the xmp profile (if that's what you do). When you reinstall bios, i always clear cmos before and after the usb flashback. It's useless but that way i'm sure nothing stays on the chip.

Try that and report.

Max
Cpu : Intel 5930K@4.25ghz@1.2v / Cache @4.25ghz@1.20v
Cpu Cooler : Corsair H100i
Case : Corsair 780T
Memory : G.Skills 32GB DDR4-3200mhz CAS 15-15-15-35-1T@1.370v
Motherboard : Asus Rampage V Extreme (BIOS 3504)
M2 : Samsung 950 Pro NVME 512gb (Gaming)
M2 : SSD1 : OCZ RD400A 128gb (windows)
SSD1 : Crucial MX100 512gb (data)
Gfx : EVGA Titan X w/ 980 Hybrid Cooling AiO Liquid Cooler
PSU : Antec HCP-1000W
Monitor : Asus RoG Swift

Avenger411 wrote:
Hey!

Ok, do you have the latest bios ? If not, install it via the usb flashback method with a fat32 usb. You might have a corrupted bios. Do you have problems when you do not use xmp or any overclock ? if not then try manually setting the ram instead of using the xmp profile (if that's what you do). When you reinstall bios, i always clear cmos before and after the usb flashback. It's useless but that way i'm sure nothing stays on the chip.

Try that and report.

Max


thanks for the response. I actually had the bios chip replaced. When i talked to asus their customer support supected it was a bad chip. I got one from the bios depot with the latest bios and i still have the same issues. Right now the settings are on auto except for the ram. everything runs fine on cold boots but once its warm I have to let it sit for a while or it will hang on them q codes.

Chino wrote:
Please list your complete system specifications for me.


My settings are on auto except for the ram right now. Everything is fine on cold boots but on warm boots is where trouble starts. can different settings affect warm boots?

Chino wrote:
Please list your complete system specifications for me.
case- corsair 780t, motherboard rampage v extreme, cpu intel 5930k, ram gskill ripjaws4 32gb 2400mhz (4x8gb), graphics-evga titan x, power supply- silverstone strider st1500wgs, hard drives - 2 intel 730 series 480gb ssds, cooler-corsair h110igt, only things plugged into the usbs are my razer keyboard mouse and fierfly mousepad.

nokturnalb6six6 wrote:
case- corsair 780t, motherboard rampage v extreme, cpu intel 5930k, ram gskill ripjaws4 32gb 2400mhz (4x8gb), graphics-evga titan x, power supply- silverstone strider st1500wgs, hard drives - 2 intel 730 series 480gb ssds, cooler-corsair h110igt, only things plugged into the usbs are my razer keyboard mouse and fierfly mousepad.


Are you running the latest BIOS? If not, update it using an USB pendrive and the EZ Flash Utility inside the BIOS.

Chino wrote:
Are you running the latest BIOS? If not, update it using an USB pendrive and the EZ Flash Utility inside the BIOS.

Yeah I have the latest bios.

Avenger411
Level 10
Hey,

Chino meant your hardware. Cpu, memory, motherboard, hard drives, ANY usb powered device connected to the computer during boot etc.

Max
Cpu : Intel 5930K@4.25ghz@1.2v / Cache @4.25ghz@1.20v
Cpu Cooler : Corsair H100i
Case : Corsair 780T
Memory : G.Skills 32GB DDR4-3200mhz CAS 15-15-15-35-1T@1.370v
Motherboard : Asus Rampage V Extreme (BIOS 3504)
M2 : Samsung 950 Pro NVME 512gb (Gaming)
M2 : SSD1 : OCZ RD400A 128gb (windows)
SSD1 : Crucial MX100 512gb (data)
Gfx : EVGA Titan X w/ 980 Hybrid Cooling AiO Liquid Cooler
PSU : Antec HCP-1000W
Monitor : Asus RoG Swift

Avenger411 wrote:
Hey,

Chino meant your hardware. Cpu, memory, motherboard, hard drives, ANY usb powered device connected to the computer during boot etc.

Max


ohh. ok