cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage v extreme - new bios 3801

itsnice4u
Level 8
I found new bios 3801 for R5E on the ASUS web site.
The release date was 01 Dec 2017. It seems that the change log was almost same but They must have fixed several issues.

1. Change log (from ASUS web site)
- Improved DRAM stability
- Fix Logitech devices issue.
- Fix Intel I211 Lan issue

2. download link: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA2011/Rampage_V_Extreme/RAMPAGE-V-EXTREME-ASUS-3801.zip
56 REPLIES 56

R5Eandme wrote:
I figured out why I couldn't find BIOS 3801 on the ASUS US site: it is listed only for the R5E. If you search for the newer R5E/U3.1 then the latest BIOS is 3701. Maybe this is just an oversight on ASUS part? I had thought the only difference between R5E and R5E/U3.1 was the inclusion of the PCIe card for providing two rear USB 3.1 ports at 10gbps. Either (1) there ARE differences between the two boards (which may explain the dead cpus?) or (2) ASUS forgot to provide a link to 3801 on the R5E/U3.1 support page. Any thoughts?

My experience has been that Asus has always been inconsistent with where a new BIOS shows up. Eventually it gets everywhere but it takes a while. The versions on the R5E and R5E/U3.1 pages have always compared as identical, so I believe it is true that the only difference in the included U3.1 card. It's easy to check.

nick_the_greek_
Level 7
i did not have any real issue but actually cache core volts can be lowered with 3801 bios
BIG but with people cpu dying on the forums
I Always flash via usb using rog connect port on back

I still rolled back to 3701 bios just in case

Hello everyone,
I just completed the Asus Support Form .. let's see if they respond..

Cumps

rauf
Level 7
I will stay on v3504, wish you luck @Samukas with Intel.

Scorpion
Level 9
Good news the replacement CPU is working...bad news...can get stable past 4250Mhz, my last chip hit 4.5Ghz no problem, the temps on the new CPU are very high, still working the details out, but not looking very good, I have 3801 on one of the BIOS chips and 3701 on the other, both working, sticking with 3701 for now cause I'm familiar with it and know what my settings were cause I had screenshots...

Scorpion wrote:
Good news the replacement CPU is working...bad news...can get stable past 4250Mhz, my last chip hit 4.5Ghz no problem, the temps on the new CPU are very high, still working the details out, but not looking very good, I have 3801 on one of the BIOS chips and 3701 on the other, both working, sticking with 3701 for now cause I'm familiar with it and know what my settings were cause I had screenshots...

good news but the other cpu was great
might need some tweaking to get higher core clocks
my brothers same cpu can only do 4.3 .4.4 really high volts with his custom water loop

Scorpion
Level 9
So I'm stable at 4.5Ghz Core and 4.25Ghz Cache, using RealBench 2.56 and Intel Extreme Tuning Utility 6.4.1.15 (latest of both utilities) I use to be able to run LinX (Intel Linpack) stable with my other chip both core and cache @ 4.5Ghz, so pretty much my replacement chip isn't as good as my original, been doing a ton of reading, it looks like the Linx (Intel Linpack) isn't the best way to do testing any more (and pretty much impossible to keep temps in check at those clocks) I always use LinX on all my systems, even my Skylake and Kabylake (6700k and 7700K) OCed systems and I'm able to stay under 90-95 degrees @ 4.6Ghz - 4.8Ghz, obviously they are a lower TDP chip so it makes sense, but my i7-5930k its pretty much impossible to run @ 4.5Ghz using that test, temps peg to 100 degrees, and I quickly stop it, by the way all my systems use a Corsair H115i...

That's nice news guys !!
My Cpu is still on its way to Intel ... I have to wait 😞

MikeAdu
Level 9
Lucky you!

red454
Level 11
I made the leap to 3801. I left 3504 on the other BIOS chip as a backup.

I performed the update from within the BIOS EZ Flash. No problems. I did have to enable the XMP and set the strap to Auto. Fired right up.
ASUS Rampage V Extreme BIOS 4101 | i7-6950X | Thermaltake Core X9 | G.Skill F4-2800C16Q-32GRK | Cooler Master Nepton 280L | Dual Samsung 850EVO 500GB SSD | PSU: DARK POWER PRO 11 1000W | 3TB & 4TB HDD | NVIDIA GTX Titan X | ASUS 24x DVD±RW Drive | Win10 Pro