cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage v extreme - new bios 3801

itsnice4u
Level 8
I found new bios 3801 for R5E on the ASUS web site.
The release date was 01 Dec 2017. It seems that the change log was almost same but They must have fixed several issues.

1. Change log (from ASUS web site)
- Improved DRAM stability
- Fix Logitech devices issue.
- Fix Intel I211 Lan issue

2. download link: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA2011/Rampage_V_Extreme/RAMPAGE-V-EXTREME-ASUS-3801.zip
56 REPLIES 56

XBrookieX
Level 7
Thanks, installed no issues to press.

red454
Level 11
I wonder which Logitech devices. I have a Logitech keyboard and mouse with no obvious issues. (Logitech G19S and G600)
ASUS Rampage V Extreme BIOS 4101 | i7-6950X | Thermaltake Core X9 | G.Skill F4-2800C16Q-32GRK | Cooler Master Nepton 280L | Dual Samsung 850EVO 500GB SSD | PSU: DARK POWER PRO 11 1000W | 3TB & 4TB HDD | NVIDIA GTX Titan X | ASUS 24x DVD±RW Drive | Win10 Pro

I'm running a 5960X @ 4.4GHz core / 4.0GHz cache.

On the previous bios (3701) my G.Skill kit "F4-3200C14-8GTZ SW" 8x8 GB would fail the memtest86-pro multicore tests at
full XMP speeds (3200MHz 14-14-14-34-48 2T) with various random memory errors and no amount of tweaking would solve it, so I had to dial it
back to 2666MHz 14-14-14-34-48 1T which was fine.

Now with this new BIOS I can run the kit at full XMP speeds with no errors in memtest86 so far! 🙂

edit: added benchmark, however I have no comparison on this machine, but maybe it's useful for someone regardless

After installed 3801 the Motherboard won't power up...
Did the flashback to 3701 but does not resolve the problem.. stays Dead 😞
Don't know what to do.. 😞

Update: I installed another Cpu and the Motherboard boots .. is it possible during the Bios update that the CPU gets damaged?

Cumps

Samukas wrote:

Have you tried switching to the other onboard BIOS chip?
ASUS Rampage V Extreme BIOS 4101 | i7-6950X | Thermaltake Core X9 | G.Skill F4-2800C16Q-32GRK | Cooler Master Nepton 280L | Dual Samsung 850EVO 500GB SSD | PSU: DARK POWER PRO 11 1000W | 3TB & 4TB HDD | NVIDIA GTX Titan X | ASUS 24x DVD±RW Drive | Win10 Pro

red454 wrote:
Have you tried switching to the other onboard BIOS chip?

Yes! 😞

Samukas wrote:

Update: I installed another Cpu and the Motherboard boots .. is it possible during the Bios update that the CPU gets damaged?

Cumps

To update BIOS if you have some obstacle or problem not if everything is OK.
You should try with BIOS Flashback method.

It's possible to after BIOS reflash if you didn't load default before flash and always have some chance to memory or CPU die.
But I think if you back again first CPU there is a chance to work.
Anyway ASUS give you option to update BIOS version without CPU, GPU and Memory, you could remove them, update BIOS, reinstall them , load optimized default save, boot and easy back frequency, voltage and settings as you want.

Vlada011 wrote:
To update BIOS if you have some obstacle or problem not if everything is OK.
You should try with BIOS Flashback method.

It's possible to after BIOS reflash if you didn't load default before flash and always have some chance to memory or CPU die.
But I think if you back again first CPU there is a chance to work.
Anyway ASUS give you option to update BIOS version without CPU, GPU and Memory, you could remove them, update BIOS, reinstall them , load optimized default save, boot and easy back frequency, voltage and settings as you want.

I had a 6950X installed at the time of the Bios update... the Motherboard never Powered up again .. I tried everything, changed Bios, disconnected the power cable and finally FlashBack. With the 6950X nothing .. as soon as I reinstalled the 5930K everything returned to normal .. RIP 6950X 😞

Thanks everyone for the help..

Cumps