RAMPAGE V EXTREME New Bios 3504

csbin
Level 7
https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/RAMPAGE_V_EXTREME/HelpDesk_Download/

RAMPAGE V EXTREME BIOS 3504
1.Improve System Performance.
2.Improved DRAM compatibility
3.Fixed TPM issue
4.Add in turn-off function of LED under S3/S4/S5 status.
5.Fixed Samsung device (SM961, printer) issues.
64 REPLIES 64

Hello,

I'm not sure why, but I've downloaded the most current BIOS for my Rampage V Extreme/U3.1, put it on the same flash stick as the last six or so BIOS updates, rebooted into the BIOS, gone to the Flashback utility like I have before, pathed to the USB drive, and tried to upload the new firmware, and Flashback says that the file isn't a BIOS.

I've tried re-downloading it more than a dozen times, on different machines, and it always checksum's the same, I'm downloading it from the US ASUS site, and I'm at a loss. I can't figure out what the issue might be at this point, so I'm hoping someone has some idea.

Just checked the support site, and 3504 is the most current version, I've downloaded it, and done a bit compare and it's the same file that failed.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Hank

If the BIOS "EZ-Flash" doesn't work, try using another USB stick. Or use the USB Flashback method described HERE.

Thank you for the information, the Flashback worked where EZFlash did not.

I did try to update from the BIOS again using EZFlash, but it came back with "Selected file is not a proper BIOS!"...

That's a great page. I sent it to my phone so that I could refer to it for troubleshooting, if needed.

I tried a second stick, formatted with FAT32, and that wasn't recognized, but the original one that failed using EZFlash worked with Flashback.

System came up, running 3504, I re-entered all the BIOS settings, a few reboots and a BitLocker recovery later, and it's up and running.

It's super odd that EZFlash didn't recognize the BIOS as "proper" but eh, glad it worked!

Thanks,
Hank

James-
Level 7

Anyone found out where to turn this off?

Thanks.

James- wrote:

Anyone found out where to turn this off?

Thanks.

anyone?