Rampage V Extreme - E5 2696 V3 (18/36)

fabiosun
Level 8
Hi to all
I have this config:
Asus Rampage V Extreme
128 Gb DDR4 Corsair 2666 Cl16
E5 2696 V3 (12-28) with turboboost to 36

If I set in bios all in auto I can see all steps from 12 to 36.
If I set manual and I set bclk to 103 (or any value different from 100) I can't achieve step different from 28 (cpu seems to be locked to 2882 Mhz (bclk to 103) or 2827 (bclk 101 as you can see in attached picture)
I have same result with all latest bios
Is there a solution to see also in manual way steps from 12 to 36?
25 REPLIES 25

The_Veterant
Level 7
@ FABIOSUN,

Here are some pictures for you to see if I do have the same symptoms of yours.

"I'm not an OCer just looking a good MENTOR". UyqtCojoXecQlo.". 😄

fabiosun
Level 8
@The Veterant
From this pictures all seems fine
You have verify if you can see during cinebench test x28 multiplier stable when you test multicpu
With some bios settings it could downclock at x27 for all cores, so this can be the reason for your 2853 value against 3153 (with msi)

fabiosun wrote:
@The Veterant
From this pictures all seems fine
You have verify if you can see during cinebench test x28 multiplier stable when you test multicpu
With some bios settings it could downclock at x27 for all cores, so this can be the reason for your 2853 value against 3153 (with msi)

Good critique info, but its not the MSI board it was the Gigabyte one, and this board can support ECC memory without the register mode, so w/ this feature I think this board can do better as well on memory bench, although I haven't been lucking w/ a 32GB ram kit w/ this board. All I seen in bios while having this kit on the board some options for ram, like scrubbing mode, parallel mode and I believed raid mode in which I assume any of this option are for better performance on ram.

Do you have a 128GB memory kit installed, if you do can you posted some memory bench to compare against mine, @ 2400Mhz.

Yes, I have 128 gb 2666 Mhz cl16 but my cpu can use it by intel specification at 2133 (your cpu can use @2400)

In cinebench test you "must" achieve same best results of Gigabyteboard also with asus.
c states help to see all steps from x12 to x38 in my case (x37 in yours)
So, your cpu can reach top results in cinebench also with asus Mb in all thread and in multi thread, memory clock is not relevant in this case
if you see in idle mode cpuz or similar proramas at x28 without any changement you have a problem
if you see in idle way all steps from x12 to x37 you have correct results in my opinion
I hope this clarify better my thought
🙂
Ps (my test memory are poors in front of yours)
The Veterant wrote:
Good critique info, but its not the MSI board it was the Gigabyte one, and this board can support ECC memory without the register mode, so w/ this feature I think this board can do better as well on memory bench, although I haven't been lucking w/ a 32GB ram kit w/ this board. All I seen in bios while having this kit on the board some options for ram, like scrubbing mode, parallel mode and I believed raid mode in which I assume any of this option are for better performance on ram.

Do you have a 128GB memory kit installed, if you do can you posted some memory bench to compare against mine, @ 2400Mhz.

The_Veterant
Level 7
Hey guy you maybe right, I most be doing so wrong tweaking my bios, but at the end on my opinion for my CPU this bios it's not optimal for it. If ASUS decide to tweak better this bios you will see what I'm tacking about. But in order for me to buy another X99 Deluxe to see better performance on my CPU, I rather wait till gigabyte comes out with a better bios update to recognized my memory kit like it should. At the end guy, I seen both side of the coin on this strategy motherboard sell, and I have come up to my own conclusion, I might be way of but all actions take me to thinks that the FISH is getting rotten, and don't take it personal with my comments, cause I'm not referring in any way to you or anything of we have tack and discuss here, it's the way I feel for others to see, in the other hand I know that they don't care about it. So long story short, guy thanks for your help.

@The Veterant, for me no offense at all.
I had understood that you were testing three differents board for your cpu and I was trying to help because I was testing my 18 cores and a 22 cores of a friend of mine with an asus e ws 3.1 that received compatible firmware few days ago and no many people here have experience with this kind of cpu and x99 chipset

The Veterant wrote:
Hey guy you maybe right, I most be doing so wrong tweaking my bios, but at the end on my opinion for my CPU this bios it's not optimal for it. If ASUS decide to tweak better this bios you will see what I'm tacking about. But in order for me to buy another X99 Deluxe to see better performance on my CPU, I rather wait till gigabyte comes out with a better bios update to recognized my memory kit like it should. At the end guy, I seen both side of the coin on this strategy motherboard sell, and I have come up to my own conclusion, I might be way of but all actions take me to thinks that the FISH is getting rotten, and don't take it personal with my comments, cause I'm not referring in any way to you or anything of we have tack and discuss here, it's the way I feel for others to see, in the other hand I know that they don't care about it. So long story short, guy thanks for your help.