Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage v extreme bios 3301

skypx
Level 8
151 REPLIES 151

Andrew_WOT
Level 7
There are some posts in this thread suggesting that ASUS has new beta BIOS they send out to some users to address reboot issue
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?85355-Random-restarts-with-3009-and-3101/page13
I am not sure if it's worth to ask for one or just wait till it gets official.

jekidwell
Level 7
I am informed by ASUS that the new BIOS will be released very soon. I have been testing this BIOS for 3 days now with no problems. I have even used some of their OC presets in the BIOS and my system remains stable.

So stay tuned folks. Help is on the way.

🙂
Rampage V Extreme
Intel 5930K @ 4400 MHz
CPU Cooled by Koolance EXOS 2.5 Radiator
Koolance CPU-380I Water Block
AMD R9 295x2 with stock hybrid cooler
16GB DDR4 Gskill DRAM F4-3000C15Q-16GRK
15-15-15-35 2T, 1.35 Vdc , clocked at 2400MHz
Corsair ATX 1200i Power Supply

jekidwell wrote:
I am informed by ASUS that the new BIOS will be released very soon. I have been testing this BIOS for 3 days now with no problems. I have even used some of their OC presets in the BIOS and my system remains stable.

So stay tuned folks. Help is on the way.

🙂

new BIOS will be released very soon?

Qwinn
Level 11
Looking forward. Haven't had the problem but I'll test if the memory performance gains are still there.

Andrew_WOT
Level 7
Beta looks pretty good so far. Stable.

Andrew_WOT wrote:
Beta looks pretty good so far. Stable.

I would be glad to test out this bios if you could PM me. thanks.

Andrew_WOT
Level 7
Try to contact admin, I am sure they can send you one. The more testers, the better.

Vlada011
Level 10
I'm only one who afraid to change settings, but not for long... 😄
Who have oldest BIOS version on forum, I think me... 0603, 2nd. September 2014, Jesus.

Vlada011 wrote:
I'm only one who afraid to change settings, but not for long... 😄 Who have oldest BIOS version on forum, I think me... 0603, 2nd. September 2014, Jesus.

No need to upgrade if it ain't broke. I'm still on 1502 (5/18/2015).

The only reason to update the BIOS is if you need certain new features, support for newer CPU like Broadwell-E, or if you are having problems. Plenty of people on here have screwed up their stable setups, just for the sake of having the latest BIOS.

Yes, I wait until M.2 NVMe arrive than I need at least 1302.
SM961 is still not available in Hungary, only SM951 and 950 PRO... they have everything but very slow new things arrive.
I thought to buy in same time and big SATA III SSD and M.2 512GB.
But for M.2 I still need to wait few more days because of that and BIOS update wait.

And 2001 enhance compatibility with some M.2 devices, but 1302+ are necessary.