cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage V Edition 10 - Reinstall - What drivers/ apps

Crash55
Level 8
Due to a bad driver update I had to reset Windows 10. *You went and downloaded the updated version of drivers / apps at the Asus website and started to install them. *One of them though started causing crashes on Windows load (invalid page fault in non paged area). *I think it was either AI Suite 3 or Aura Control. *As it started after these were installed. *

I wound up resetting Windows again. *What drivers / apps from Asus website / install USB do I actually need to get the PC running at its best? *Do I need the Intel chipset drivers / MEI? *

I am using a NVME drive as primary (including games) and a HDD for file storage.*
608 Views
5 REPLIES 5

rauf
Level 7
I wish there was a list with short explanation what is what. I'm always ending googling around what the heck is MEI: V11.0.5.1189 or other mysterious names...

cekeu
Level 12
Crash55 wrote:
Due to a bad driver update I had to reset Windows 10. *You went and downloaded the updated version of drivers / apps at the Asus website and started to install them. *One of them though started causing crashes on Windows load (invalid page fault in non paged area). *I think it was either AI Suite 3 or Aura Control. *As it started after these were installed. *

I wound up resetting Windows again. *What drivers / apps from Asus website / install USB do I actually need to get the PC running at its best? *Do I need the Intel chipset drivers / MEI? *

I am using a NVME drive as primary (including games) and a HDD for file storage.*


..............
Hello, personally I would recommend immediately after the clean install of Windows 10 update your system and its drivers with Windows Update first. Then check the device manager and look at what are the missing drivers and install only the missing drivers. I was surprised to find that some drivers as the Chipset drivers are newer with Windows update as that of the Asus support. If you are not satisfied then you can install the drivers from the Asus support.

It is better to install the driver from the disk manufacturer nvme ssd if Windows update installs a driver written as generic

I have a rampage v extreme.

(Excuse my bad English)

cekeu wrote:
..............
Hello, personally I would recommend immediately after the clean install of Windows 10 update your system and its drivers with Windows Update first. Then check the device manager and look at what are the missing drivers and install only the missing drivers. I was surprised to find that some drivers as the Chipset drivers are newer with Windows update as that of the Asus support. If you are not satisfied then you can install the drivers from the Asus support.

It is better to install the driver from the disk manufacturer nvme ssd if Windows update installs a driver written as generic

I have a rampage v extreme.

(Excuse my bad English)


I installed all the drivers from the Asus wesbite.

As for the software I only installed: MemTweakit, Sonic Studio, Asus Boot Setting, RAMDisk, and RAMCache (with 64 Gb I figure I can use 8GB for a cache).

Looking at the BIOS, it looked like I could I could do everything in there that AI Suite 3 or Aura setting does. Also when I last tried the 5 Way Tuning in AI Suite 3 it caused me to lose access to second hard drive after about an hour.

Crash55 wrote:
I installed all the drivers from the Asus wesbite.

As for the software I only installed: MemTweakit, Sonic Studio, Asus Boot Setting, RAMDisk, and RAMCache (with 64 Gb I figure I can use 8GB for a cache).

Looking at the BIOS, it looked like I could I could do everything in there that AI Suite 3 or Aura setting does. Also when I last tried the 5 Way Tuning in AI Suite 3 it caused me to lose access to second hard drive after about an hour.


You're right, this is the better do, ASUS drivers are better suitable to each motherboard. The problem with AI Suite is DipAwayMode which is a source of major conflicts. DipAwayMode.exe is unnecessary in Windows. Only Windows XP needed additional economic management.

erixx11
Level 11
I could be wrong, don't think so, but after an windows install the only NEEDED driver is the asmedia USB3 driver because WinUpdate does not do it. Well and the PESKY soundbox called SupremeFX DAC, if you use it.