cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage V Edition 10 "issues"

markscottuk
Level 7
Finished my new build of i7 6950X, Corsair Dominator 128GB PC4-2400, Samsung 950 Pro M2 and Sansung 850 Evo 2TB SSD.

On the whole I am pleased with the performance but have a couple of issues:

Firstly, the time from powering on to getting the POST / WIndows 10 startup can be anything up to 30 seconds, the QCode seems to randomly stop at figures before finally handing off to the bootloader, what can I do to reduce this time?

Secondly, I am a bit confused as to how CSM works. I have a new build and I would have thought that all boot devices would work without CSM and in UEFI mode, but as soon as I turn it off, I get no boot devices.

I am also confused as to how to get the 950 Pro recognised as a GPT device, I was able to convert using the Shift-F10 cmd in the Windows setup but when I did, windows complained that it was not able to boot.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Mark
32 REPLIES 32

markscottuk wrote:
I have taken a video of the diagnostic LED numbers - https://youtu.be/rHquc8r9B6c any ideas if this is how the boot should be or if there are gains to be had?

The longest part of that looks like the BD which is I believe the memory checks. If you want you are able to disable those in the BIOS.

I tend to disable them and turn them back on once a month to make sure i'm missing nothing or do some memory testing to ensure there are no errors.

Aside from that it looks about the same as I have.

You will boot faster to an SSD vs an M.2, not much you can do about that.
Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz

MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD

Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram

Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop

Menthol
Level 14
Read Nodens answer above, there are USB 3.0, 3.1, M.2 U.2, they all take pcie lanes to operate, the manual can be downloaded from ASUS support site that will explain the pcie lane usage scenarios, there are options in the bios to prioritize lanes for GPU's that disable U.2 and USB 3.1

RepOGer
Level 7
the memory capacity decide time of "BD", you can shave off some time by setting “memtest” to disable/to skip B9