cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage V Edition 10 + ExtremeFX Unit (no sound)

russiandivxclub
Level 7
Hi guys quick question. I don't understand what I am missing here. Here is the situation.

I have Rampage C Edition 10 and I just hooked up FX unit. It was collecting dust in the box so I decided to test out it with my Beats headphones. I connected USB to the motherboard (I had to use USB3 to USB 2 adapter cause I am out of USB2, our board have only 2 plugs)

I connected 6pin power and installed drivers. I installed realtek and FX drivers.

Now here is the problem. I don't hear anything. If I connect my headphones to the motherboard in the back or front panel, right away I see windows telling me it see my headphones and RealTek control panel pops up. But If I connect same headphones to 3.5 mm jack in ExtremeFX unit ...nothing happen.

If I select it as default unit and play something , I see bars moving in sound control panel so I know signal is there, at list on the screen, but no sound, and no pop ups like with motherboard/front panel inputs. Any idea on what a hell is going on because I am clueless. I did tried diffirent cheap iphone headphones ... same story front panel works, negative on FX unit.

I did same thing I went to sound control and enable as default internal sound to test headphones , then switched to FX by defaulting it in sound control.

I also selected 3.5mm in SupremeFX control Panel. But again nothing is happening but I see bars moving when playing something, I see it in device manager ... odd

Please help out if you can. Also when opening SupremeFX Hi-Fi Control Panel and selecting 3.5mm or 6.3mm jack and press OK, what should happen ? Because for me, nothing happening. Yet they're talking about test impedance and select high-speed option. Where do I do all that ? Cause in Realtek control panel I don't see it. In my understanding this ASUS Sonic Studio IS RealTek control Panel but with ROG skin and stuff. Because I know RealTek normal panel and it does not look like this, ROG is not there and some other things diffirent.

Here are some images.

Device manager. No yellow marks or anything.

Sound Control Panel showing FX is selected as default unit.

RealTek Audio MAnager as I see it. I see on top it said SupremeFX, but ... I see nothing in terms of ports available on the bottom like they're showing analog ports, rear ports and digital.

SupremeFX Hi-Fi Control Panel, once I select 3.5 and click OK ...nothign happens.

Please let me know may be I am missing something.

Thank you !

P.S.

I did tried to turn a nub, may be it's too low ..... NOPE 😞
84 REPLIES 84

Chino wrote:
Updated DAC driver has been released. It should be up on the Rampage V Edition 10's support page shortly.

You download it from here in the meantime: https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/s/48C2B6F659824DEFB3F37F77C4455FE7Y

Thank you Chino! This worked for me, initially it did not work but it was my mistake I set to the wrong headphone port, but after switching it to the 6.3mm it worked right away!

Sonic studio still does not open , Tho the dac is fixed sonic studio is still bugged no matter what version you have. I tried stand alone and with realtek updated drivers.

So no sound enhancement got games

Chino wrote:
Updated DAC driver has been released. It should be up on the Rampage V Edition 10's support page shortly.

You can download it from here in the meantime: https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/s/48C2B6F659824DEFB3F37F77C4455FE7Y

It works but NOT with sonic studio. Also any realtek driver from the driver site will fail to open sonic studio all together , i had to use an older version but even so the effects do not work with the dac.

I think its fair to users who paid 600 plus u.s for this board to at least have working sound and software.

The display sleep issue is still there as well as long as the SupremeFX HiFi service is running.........which means having the knock off the monitor manually or disabling the DAC.
Given the choice, personally the DAC gets the boot for the time being, until the matter is resolved.

If someone has problem with headphone audio not working at all maybe this help http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?87554-Headphone-output-problem
Will the forum bugs get fixed?

Ultrams wrote:
It works but NOT with sonic studio. Also any realtek driver from the driver site will fail to open sonic studio all together , i had to use an older version but even so the effects do not work with the dac.

I think its fair to users who paid 600 plus u.s for this board to at least have working sound and software.

Pay extra 100 and buy seperate rog audio card .
At least it shines on the outer layers and maybe it´l have more robust software inside also.
Sorry , couldnot resist.:o
Will the forum bugs get fixed?

Halodies
Level 7
funny thing just happened, I went to windows 7 64bit and downloaded the driver from there and it worked on Windows 10 1607!!!! weird

Catalonia
Level 7
Ok, I've been able to download them using Chino's Link.

Nothing. At least now, when I connect the headphones a control panel appears and tries to find the impedeance of my headphones, it sets it to low, but again, no sound. It looks like is playing, but no sound. I made sure I have the SupremeFX as the output, and in fact it should be playing but there is just no sound at all. Even trying to adjust the sound lvl by moving the a circle it doesn't do anything.

I manually uninstalled the previous ones, restart the system, start the new installation, restart again but nothing. I tried 6.3 and 3.5 headphones...

Here the screenshots:

So, any advice?

Catalonia wrote:
Ok, I've been able to download them using Chino's Link.

Nothing. At least now, when I connect the headphones a control panel appears and tries to find the impedeance of my headphones, it sets it to low, but again, no sound. It looks like is playing, but no sound. I made sure I have the SupremeFX as the output, and in fact it should be playing but there is just no sound at all. Even trying to adjust the sound lvl by moving the a circle it doesn't do anything.

I manually uninstalled the previous ones, restart the system, start the new installation, restart again but nothing. I tried 6.3 and 3.5 headphones...

Here the screenshots:

So, any advice?

Is the DAC selected as the default playback device? Also if you turn the knob on the DAC, do you see the volumen (blue circle) increasing in the SupremeFX HIFI program?

Chino wrote:
Is the DAC selected as the default playback device? Also if you turn the knob on the DAC, do you see the volumen (blue circle) increasing in the SupremeFX HIFI program?

Yes, is selected as a default playback device.

Looking at your screenshot I clearly miss the volume control from the App. Moving the knob does nothing either, the volume doesn't move up or down either in the system or the SupremeFX App. I'm just totally out of luck...

Does it matter the Realtek Driver version currently installed? Is the DAC an independent sound card, so I could just uninstall the Realtek? Is maybe SonicStudio messing up things? 😞