cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage V Edition 10 aura led motherboard light's lifespan

Paulofheaven
Level 7
I noticed when i turn off my computer my led lights continue to change color and are completely unaffected by the fact the computer is off. I know you can turn them off via the bios on the motherboard however i want them on when the computer is on and off when the computer is off. However I can't seem to find a setting to do this, i'm probably blind and totally missing this option even though its right in front of me. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Also if i leave the led's on 24/7 what's the lifespan on them?
8 REPLIES 8

JustinThyme
Level 13
Not sure for your board but on mine its in the BIOS under the RGB settings on the advanced tab. Two settings for RGB. On/off which is just what it sound like and a second setting of on/off for off, sleep, hibernate. Second setting shuts the RGB lights down when powered down.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Not sure for your board but on mine its in the BIOS under the RGB settings on the advanced tab. Two settings for RGB. On/off which is just what it sound like and a second setting of on/off for off, sleep, hibernate. Second setting shuts the RGB lights down when powered down.

Thank you so much i got tricked by the bios setting because if you do erp s5 the lights all turn off and its impossible to turn the lights back on while this setting is in place, However if you do erp s4 and s5 it will still turn it off the lights but they can be renabled without causing conflicts with the settings. I only tried to activate during s5 and not s4 and s5 because i assumed it would be the same with both and that's why i could never get it to work right. Feeling a little sheepish right now but thank you again for your help.

Raja
Level 13
The Aura software allows configuration for standby state. Click on the Independant tab and then select power off from the list and press apply.

qwertz
Level 9
Led should last + - 50K hours or more
Will the forum bugs get fixed?

FireRx
Level 11
if that's the case, we'll be on different motherboards in 5 years. 🙂
Intel Core i9 103900KS
Asus Maximus Z790 Extreme [bios 1801]
LG (34U97-s) Monitor 3440 x1440
Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
Windows 11 Pro
64gbz Memory

Chino
Level 15
I always leave the LEDs on my R5E10 on because they look cool. Owned this motherboard since May of last year. The LEDs are still going strong. 🙂

Praz
Level 13
Hello

As noted above both the latest BIOS and AURA software allow the LEDs to be turned off when the the system is shut down or put to sleep without changing the ErP setting.

qwertz
Level 9
I have noticed that the aura lighting system crashes sometimes and all lights go out , after pc power off it restores.
Also the gui design is not very user friendly on aura application , it could have been designed better & more simplistic with same features or more .
Will the forum bugs get fixed?