cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage V e10 Cooler connection

afshin
Level 7
dear
recently I bought rampage v edition 10 and also bought coolermaster master liquid 280 as cpu cooler !
I have a question about cooler cable connection to header. this motherboard has more header for coolers.
I connect the cable from PUMP to Pump Header connector and cable from 2 fans of radiator to CPU Fan.
I want to know am I doing right ?
and what should I do for pump setting in bios?
can anyone help me.
thanks.
7 REPLIES 7

afshin
Level 7
nobody answer?

Legolas
Level 9
Yes, you did it correctly, because the radiator fan can control, connected to CPU_FAN, by CPU temperature, and PUMP with water pump (no control is fine), it will be control by software.
Sincerely,
Legolas

JustinThyme
Level 13
Just a heads up. If you have the fans controlled by the CPU temp it they will ramp up and down incessantly.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Just a heads up. If you have the fans controlled by the CPU temp it they will ramp up and down incessantly.

thanks may you explain more.

afshin
Level 7
should I any change in water pump control in bios setting?

Menthol
Level 14
If the pump is not making any excessive noise leave the setting for pump on default in the bios which is disabled and full speed, for the fans there are several different ways for control, manual parameters or standard, silent, turbo, all controlled by CPU temp, monitor the CPU temperature with a software program and set fan speed how you prefer for temperature and noise levels
The RV-E10 auto detects PWM or DC, 3 or 4 pin fans so you do not need to change that setting
Optionally you can use the ASUS AISuite to control fans but I prefer to let the bios control the fans, and yes as Justin says the fan speed will vary due to CPU load so adjust to your taste

tistou77
Level 13
I plugged 2 PWM pumps on the "Water pump" (with an adapter and only PWM control)), it works well, but sometimes there are misfires (a pump that is no longer controlled I think, it makes a strange sound)
I disconnected the PWM cable, reconnects and it is good
Sorry for my english 😄

Case: Lian Li A77F
MB: Rampage VI Extreme Encore
CPU: i9 10980XE
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 4x8Gb @4000 C16
GPU: EVGA RTX 2080ti XC Ultra
PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 1000W
DATA: Samsung 980 Pro
SOUND: Asus Xonar Phoebus