cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ramapage V Extreme Where is the headphone port?

dpoverlord
Level 8
I finally am connecting headphones to the Motherboard and am connecting it to the line out port on the motherboard panel.

My problem is that Sonic Studio and the Supreme FX software says headphones need to be connected to the front panel.

Where is the front panel / did I not install something? I am really trying to optimize my AKG headphones for FPS gaming as I have been using astro A50's

Would love any input as I am completely lost as to the best way to make these work best.
5 REPLIES 5

Jbonnett
Level 8

xeromist
Front panel refers to the connections on the front of your case. They will have a wire that you have to connect to pins on the motherboard.

However it is not necessary to connect your headphones there. The rear connectors will work fine if used as indicated in jbonnett's images.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Front panel refers to the connections on the front of your case. They will have a wire that you have to connect to pins on the motherboard.

However it is not necessary to connect your headphones there. The rear connectors will work fine if used as indicated in jbonnett's images.

I was trying to get it to auto detect my AKG 65 annies for impedance. I am really loving the sound on the AKG 65 Annies compared to my Astro A50 headphones. I can hear the footsteps in games but really want to tweak it and saw that the new Sonic Radar 3 will allow you to application control and has more preset settings for gaming. Is there better software than the Supreme fx?

Would love to hear of ideas to improve the sound since I dont have a front panel connector

Jbonnett
Level 8
As far as I know there is no software for Supreme FX itself, and that all the ports are using the Supreme FX. I mean why would they spend more money on sound circuitry on one motherboard, they would be flying through the cash on R&D if they did that for every revision of motherboard, especially one that is inteded for gaming. If you installed the correct driver https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/RAMPAGE_V_EXTREME/HelpDesk_Download/ (listed as Realtek Audio) you will have a sound settings with ROG themed "program" that tests impedance once you plug your AKG's into any port.

They way I see it the rear ports are the best ones to use anyway as you have less length of cable for noise to interfere with:

dpoverlord
Level 8
Perfect, so doing the right thing.

Is there a way to get the better software options for Sonic sound stage 3? It seems the ASUS Rampage V Extreme only has version 1.