cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R5E UEFI BIOS question

MikeAdu
Level 9
Hello,my friends.I have one question about bios.I have 8 HDDs in my case.And here is the issue.When I try to pick up which hdd to use first,second and so on in bios(boot priority),the pop-up screen with hdd list goes up above the screen,so I can't see the whole list.So I must be guessing which hdd is up there.Had anyone this issue too?The BIOS screen is located in whole screen size and there is no issue,only hdd list goes above screen size.
Thanks for advice.
Mike.
9 REPLIES 9

Menthol
Level 14
I have never run 8 disks at a time but I have seen the menu go up and make it a little confusing
Do you have more than one disk with an OS for multi boot?
Is your OS installed in UEFI? if so you can set to boot from UEFI only which will then only give you an option to boot from UEFI OS installation reducing the number of drives in the screen

MikeAdu
Level 9
I have 4 different Windows installs in different HDDs,but this is not a problem to me of choosing desired version.The only issue is in bios drive list.I was thinking that there is some solution.

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk

MikeAdu
Level 9
The thing is that Win 10 and 8 can be loaded in AHCI mode and Win7 in IDE mode only,so changing order is not the case.

Chino
Level 15
Any particular reason for installing Windows 7 in IDE mode? lol You can switch from IDE to AHCI with a registry edit.

MikeAdu
Level 9
All my Windows(XP and 7) were installed 4-5 years ago,when I had Asus Striker Extreme.There was only IDE option.Now I use Win 10 or 8.1 in AHCI mode mostly.So,switching to Win 7 is not major thing-I do this once per month or even less.I admit I still can’t load WinXP in AHCI mode.I know there are some manuals,but my hands still couldn’t take this stress 🙂

Menthol
Level 14
Google change IDE mode to AHCI mode, like Chino says a simple registry edit inside Win 7, reboot to bios to change to AHCI mode, reboot and wala

MikeAdu
Level 9
I’ll take a chance,thanks.I will let you know.

MikeAdu
Level 9
Okay,I was lucky to do this,now I can load Win 10/8,1/7 from AHCI mode now.Still can’t load XP.I can’t even go to XP in all modes.Any suggestions?