Shine
Level 7
Mobo:Rampage V extreme
CPU: i7 5930k
MEM: Gskill Ripjaws ddr4 2800mhz 4gb x4
GPU 2xEVGA GTX 980 ti classy's
ssd: 960 evo mvne m.2 512gb
PSU: EVGA supernova 1300w

So i had problems with my old mobo i sent in for RMA it was giving me VGA leds and no video singnal and wont post, didnt repair the Mobo just bought a new one, im still getting the same errors VGA leds and i have checked everything in a different computer it all works im at a loss here i have worked on this for 5hours today trouble shooting and still cant get a video signal and VGA led is still solid, i tried everytthing looking for some help. also updated bios via ROG connect.
21 REPLIES 21

Shine
Level 7
So I spent all night looking at forums troubleshooting, reseatting everything multiple times, not getting anywhere. I get one qcode after another. About to give up

Shine
Level 7
Would rolling back bios work maybe? I'd update to the latest bios before installing anything.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hi Shine

When you say you checked everything in another computer...does that include the CPU?

Shine
Level 7
Well that's the one problem I cant test, the most I did was re-seat it a few time, have no other x99 mobo to properly test it in. I figured since asus was charging me 280$ to fix my old mobo it was the mobo for sure, I have no way of testing the cpu.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Can you let us know a bit of background. Was this a working system that stopped working?

Did you try a single GPU in first and third red slots?

The best BIOS for Haswell E for me on that platform was the last of the 2xxx series bios...2101 I think? Maybe get a copy of that and flash it BIOS flashback method...after a good clear CMOS...battery out and power removed from board.

Did you try both BIOS chips?

What Q code displayed when the board stopped with VGA light lit

With that said I did the same procedure for both bios still get the same qcode, now with this new mobo I do not have a VGA light lit up. It flashes on start then goes off. Went it first stopped I got qcode 70 or 76 not sure I would have to look at my manual to remember what one first came up. And I have tried moving ram around to every slot and tried all vga slots, troubleshooter for 10 hours today made no progress.

Shine
Level 7
Was a working system for 4 years never had a problem, let computer on over night and when I went to use it I had a black screen so I rebooted it, then from there it would not post, I have tried every component except cpu in another PC all working. I got multiple qcode 90, 98, d6 and a few other I cant think of at the moment , I was just going to repair the mobo but it's out of warranty so I bought a new broad and still getting the same codes, I flashed bios 1 with latest version. Bios 2 is wht the board came with so no clue what version it is.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Any way you can borrow another CPU to test if that is where the issue may be?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Shine
Level 7
No dont know anyone with the same cpu socket, and cant really buy one to test it. Cpu is also out of warranty so cant rma it.