cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with the LAN port

OnlineNow
Level 7
Hi. The intel gigabit lan port doesnt show the option "1000mbps" in the bios and if I enable said feature using Device Administrators the port stops working.
Anyone else experiencing this issue?
3 REPLIES 3

Bill
Level 7
Hello OnlineNow
Thank you for your post.
Can you tell me what's your purpose of enabling 1000mbps?
What's your board model? Can you also provide screenshots or photos of this matter? Including the bios.
Thank you

Bill@ASUS wrote:
Hello OnlineNow
Thank you for your post.

So he can run the port at 1GB speed ya dumb ass.

Bill@ASUS wrote:
Hello OnlineNow
Thank you for your post.
What's your board model? Can you also provide screenshots or photos of this matter? Including the bios.
Thank you

Because I want to use the LAN at its full speed. Currently using it at 100mbps full duplex and only getting around 80mbps/s so wanted to try 1000mbps.
The issue is very simple actually, the 1000mbps shows up in Windows (Devices Administrator/LAN Port/Configuration) but once I pick the 1000mbps option it the LAN port shows the "Cable disconnected" icon and stops working.
Then I went to the BIOS and found out that the 1000mbps option under LAN port settings is not even there so it makes sense that it doesnt work on windows since it doesn't even show up in the BIOS (I'm talking about the 1000mbps option under Speed settings btw, the LAN port itself shows up just fine).
My question is if this is normal or *did something go wrong when flashing the BIOS. Do you guy have a 1000mbps option in the BIOS?

Thanks.*