cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

optical surround sound problem

faisal994
Level 7
Hi, I have a pioneer A\V receiver and its connected to my PC with optical audio using the motherboard's built in sound card(supreme FX I guess) and the 5.1 surround was working fine before I upgraded to WIN 10 from 8.1. I used to select the default format to use 5.1 DTS Interactive, but now when I select it and click on test, a pop up windows says "failed to play test tone" and no sound comes out from anything(games,browsers,windows sounds.... etc) I don't know what is the problem.... And with windows 8.1 when I play something with DTS, my receiver displays "DTS" logo showing that it is detected. Yeah and another thing, on windows playback devices settings, a tab "supported formats" with "DTS audio" and "Dolby digital" when I click test on them they work fine! all my speakers and sub work. SOO WTH IS WRONG??? Please help!! And yes i have the latest realtek updated, just installed it minutes ago.
7 REPLIES 7

jezjohnson
Level 10
This is a Microsoft issue with windows 10, there is a fix which will be rolled out soon hopefully.

jezjohnson wrote:
This is a Microsoft issue with windows 10, there is a fix which will be rolled out soon hopefully.

Has there been a fix? I also have 1 5.1 Bose soundbar and I cannot get it to process DTS or 5.1 sound. I can do this through my samsung 4k TV no problem. Can someone help please?

Have you let your computer go into full sleep mode?

Sound Blaster X-Fi had similar issue, and the fix that worked : put the computer in full standby/sleep to resolve the issue both Windows 7 & 10 and the drivers had. Had to sleep it again if driver updated. Something about how drivers reacted when waking vs booting.

QuinValen wrote:
Have you let your computer go into full sleep mode?

Sound Blaster X-Fi had similar issue, and the fix that worked : put the computer in full standby/sleep to resolve the issue both Windows 7 & 10 and the drivers had. Had to sleep it again if driver updated. Something about how drivers reacted when waking vs booting.

nothing to do with sleep mode. I have shut down and restarted so many times its not even funny. I have even tried hacked drivers.

On my Rampage V extreme all I need is for DTS to work via the optical out.... It works fine in windows 7

dpoverlord
Level 8
Has anyone gotten this fixed? I still have the same error in windows 10

smokeintheeye
Level 11
well have to say after reading this im in the same boat. i have a 4.1 sound bar over optc and cant get DTS to work at all on windows 10. realtek drivers are all upto date but cant do out with DTS in any settings yet i have a DTS sound bar. be nice to know if theres a fix or what to do to get it working.

Any Reputation is welcome. thanks

jezjohnson
Level 10