cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No post on new Rampage V Extreme.

Xector808
Level 7
The ROG logo lights up. The Q code is 00. It powers on but just black screen. Can't get to BIOS.

I have the 24 pin ATX cable in. I have the 8 pin power plugged in at the top. I don't have the 4 pin plugged in. My corsair hx1000i doesn't have a 4 pin out or come with a 4 pin cable. Do both the 4 and 8 pin power sockets need to be plugged in?

Four sticks of ram in the red sockets.

Any ideas? I'm guessing I'm overlooking something stupid.
17 REPLIES 17

broncogr
Level 10
http://www.kitguru.net/components/power-supplies/zardon/corsair-hx1000i-platinum-modular-psu-review/...

Look at the cables included.
You can either split the appropriate 4pin+4pin EPS/ATX12V connector in 2 or plug in half of it

Don't mistake this with the 6+2pin PCie connector...

AzTeCh
Level 7
I had the same thing happen to my rampage V Extreme after 3 weeks of use(Q code00)... After trying everything nothing worked... Had to to RMA the board back to Newegg. The new board worked perfectly.

Chino
Level 15
Xector808 wrote:
The ROG logo lights up. The Q code is 00. It powers on but just black screen. Can't get to BIOS.

I have the 24 pin ATX cable in. I have the 8 pin power plugged in at the top. I don't have the 4 pin plugged in. My corsair hx1000i doesn't have a 4 pin out or come with a 4 pin cable. Do both the 4 and 8 pin power sockets need to be plugged in?

Four sticks of ram in the red sockets.

Any ideas? I'm guessing I'm overlooking something stupid.

List your complete system specifications for me. Try to be as detailed as possible.

Chino wrote:
List your complete system specifications for me. Try to be as detailed as possible.

Thanks Chino.

Asus Rampage V Extreme
Intel 5960X
Corsair Vengeance LPX 2800 Mhz (tried booting with only one ram stick and swapping that stick)
780ti going into a dell monitor via Mini DisplayPort.
Corsair HX1000i power supply
Corsair H80i water cooling kit for the CPU.

That's everything that's plugged into the board.

Chino
Level 15
Let's start by loosening the screws for the H80i first. I want to discard this problem caused uneven pressure during the installation of the H80i.

Xector808
Level 7
Tried loosening the watercooler screws without any luck. Also tried to breadboard it which didn't work.

It's looking like an RMA situation so I've notified the vendor.

Chino
Level 15

Xector808
Level 7
Progress. I got it to post. Turns out there was a tiny bit of thermal paste on the underside of the CPU. I gave it a gentle wipe with a lint-free cloth and isopropyl alcohol. Thanks to everyone who replied to my thread. I'm going to put the motherboard back in the case and try an install windows.