cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Newbie] Corsair 32GB detected only 24 and BD code

MaBoRaK
Level 7

Hello friends, Is a shame to post this but... here we go.

I have:

- ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTREME, Extended ATX x99 Motherboard , LGA 2011-V3 Socket, DDR4 3300Mhz+(OC)
- Intel Core i7-5960X Haswell-E 8-Core 3.0GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W Desktop Processor BX80648I75960X

And the RAM:

- Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz C16 memory kit for DDR4 Systems (CMK32GX4M4A2666C16)

So, I'm having problems with RAM:

- Only 24GB is detected in the Motherboard BIOS
- Constantly BD codes

I was searching a lot of info and all of them is related to voltage. In theory this RAM use 1.2 ( http://www.corsair.com/en-us/vengeance-lpx-32gb-4x8gb-ddr4-dram-2666mhz-c16-memory-kit-black-cmk32gx... )

Bu, in the Motherboard the DRAM Voltage ( CHA, CHB ) is set to: 1.2V and CHC, CHD to 1.2V ) , in theory we are good but still getting BD and only 24 GB RAM .

What to do?

Thank you.

connection closed.
5 REPLIES 5

Chino
Level 15
Start by listing your complete system specifications. Then what I'd do is make your your motherboard is running the latest BIOS. If not, download it to a freshly FAT32 formatted USB pendrive and update it through the EZ Flash Utility. When the process is done, go inside the BIOS and turn on XMP. If your system posts without problems, you're done. If not, proceed to tune your System Agent Voltage. If you need help, there is a short guide linked in my signature.

If what Chino said doesn't work, theres a slight possibility you MAY have gotten a slightly faulty board, or you just didn't set the RAM Speed (MHz) properly in BIOS
Low chance likelihood is that you have a fixed BIOS version, BUT your Board can't recognize the RAM due to minor Lane problems, did you install it carefully?

smokeintheeye
Level 11
Take all the ram out. stick one stick in the 1st slot on the mobo. boot into bios see if it shows 8gb. if it dose shut down take that stick out and stick to one side. then do it all again with the next sticks (one at a time). if you fine all sticks show when in one at a time. then pick one ram stick to test in all the ram slots one at a time. but my 1st set of 32gb LPX ram had a dead stick in it and all had to be RMA. so if you fined a stick when testing one at a time that will not show/ let pc boot. you know what stick is not working.

Any Reputation is welcome. thanks

Praz
Level 13
Hello

It is doubtful this is still an issue almost a year later.

Pleot
Level 8
You could try setting your dram voltage to 1.3 volts and test... And try loading defautls in bios, and try with xms as well... test.