cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New BIOS 3101

smokeintheeye
Level 11
New Bios is up. anyone tested it yet? Its under windows 7 downloads.

https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/RAMPAGE_V_EXTREMEU31/HelpDesk_Download/

Any Reputation is welcome. thanks
91 REPLIES 91

Qwinn wrote:
Spacedonkey: If it was just your cpu clock, I'd be tempted to say it was downclocking caused by either adaptive voltage or c states. I don't know of anything that downclocks memory, though, so no idea, sorry.

Here's a question that's been nagging me. We know that 3101 updates a couple of firmwares, that's what the two extra reboots are for. My question is, what if you switched to BIOS 2 that had a pre-3000 bios on it. Would that make you run an older bios with the newer firmwares? Could that create problems? Or do the dual bios' s each have their own independent MEI (or whatever) firmwares they can update individually?

In the meantime, just for peace of mind I copied bios 1 to bios 2, just to prevent the possibility.

Well I've disabled C-States and still didn't help. Now if I set it to Auto, CPU runs at the correct speed and ram runs at Intel's official spec of 2133MHz. I would like my ram to run at 3000MHz though. Oh well, not the end of the world, I hope Asus will fix it in their next bios update.
For the bios update, those extra restarts mean something? I thought it's was because it's UEFI and the bios files are huge so it takes a few restarts to complete.
The RVE has dual bios? That's nice to have, I have the X99 Deluxe. I wish the RVE didn't look that "cheap" or lack of design when it came out. because from a visual perspective, it looks like a Rampage IV Black Edition, without any changes except the color red is added back. And the word "Extreme" looks tacky as hell. 😛
I also wanted dual lan ports, RVE does not have it, X99 Deluxe has, looks much prettier so I went with that. The Rampage V Edition 10 is what the Rampage V Extreme should have looked like in the first place.

@Spacedonkey21

you have a Xeon V3 cpu, so it is locked to 2133 for Ram
it is not possible to have others frequency for ram
You can achieve a few of Mhz with bclk overclock

fabiosun wrote:
@Spacedonkey21

you have a Xeon V3 cpu, so it is locked to 2133 for Ram
it is not possible to have others frequency for ram
You can achieve a few of Mhz with bclk overclock

Opsss
Unlocked v3 xeon..
sorry spacedonkey..only in my dreams I can have that specs for strap and my xeon! 🙂

SpaceDonkey21 wrote:

fabiosun wrote:
Opsss
Unlocked v3 xeon..
sorry spacedonkey..only in my dreams I can have that specs for strap and my xeon! 🙂

It's okay. 😄
Yep unlock xeon :cool:

jdpg265
Level 7
yes this BIOS is a bust for me as well. Could only boot with defaults loaded, none of my OC's would work. pissed away a day so went back to 2001 booted straighte away with my 4.4 ghz OC. its a rock.

Menthol
Level 14
The 3000 are for the coming BW-E processors, i don't know why anyone would think they would be better for H-E, that said 3101 seems to work just fine for me

Menthol wrote:
The 3000 are for the coming BW-E processors, i don't know why anyone would think they would be better for H-E, that said 3101 seems to work just fine for me

I have the 5960x but it was ok for some days but then i dont know what happend , but with video editing there was trouble , now i fashed back and
all just works, no problems here with mic or camera all looks stable , strange ok but when the 3101 is for an other CPU well maybe this could be the reason
then why i had problems here , lets see maybe some BIOS updates later i will give it a try again 🙂 .

Nonny

Qwinn
Level 11
3101 has actually increased performance for me. As for stability, I've passed 8 hours Aida, 8 hours OCCT 4.4.2 and 1350% HCI Memtest. The few moments of instability I've seen since moving to it have all been right after a bios change, and I've always seemed to have oddness for the first reboot or two after a change. (If only they'd split the fan software out of AI Suite so I wouldn't have to use the bios for it).

Qwinn wrote:
3101 has actually increased performance for me. As for stability, I've passed 8 hours Aida, 8 hours OCCT 4.4.2 and 1350% HCI Memtest. The few moments of instability I've seen since moving to it have all been right after a bios change, and I've always seemed to have oddness for the first reboot or two after a change. (If only they'd split the fan software out of AI Suite so I wouldn't have to use the bios for it).

Hi Qwinn have you used this before http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php and vid on how to set it up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OkBRELqEgM

Any Reputation is welcome. thanks