Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 3402 Bios for Rampage V Extreme.

TeddyRaspin
Level 9
90 REPLIES 90

Greetiung guys!

To much words about memory, and no any word about powerlosses and restarts on new 3402...

Does anybody of you, who had restart on 3101+, having them now - after upgrading to 3402 ?

Does anyone know if they upgraded the RAID ROM in this version, or what version this BIOS has?

xcite wrote:
Greetiung guys!

To much words about memory, and no any word about powerlosses and restarts on new 3402...

Does anybody of you, who had restart on 3101+, having them now - after upgrading to 3402 ?

Greetings! I haven't had one in over a week on 3402. OC'd to 4.2GHz now cos I was tinkering.

xcite wrote:
Greetiung guys!

Funny thing is , i havn't had any problems with powerlosses and reboots , till now with the new BIOS 3402 i had 5 powerlosses...

xcite wrote:
Greetiung guys!

I still have powerlosses and restarts with this update 😕

Also does anyone know when the next bios update will be released?

xcite wrote:
Greetiung guys!

I have been having power losses. Thought my psu or video card was going so ordered new ones they haven't arrived yet. Reason is my computer at random times during my game play; Battlefield 4 would just stop (monitor would go black loud screeching sound most instances, however my computer would still show as if it was still running). Last occurrence caused my BCLK on my LCD display to go hay wire was jumping from 000 to 166 it then died had to wait an hour before computer would boot again. Have been trouble shooting since. Spent days now trying all kinds of suggestion in forum for voltage adjustment etc.. to no avail.

I should mention at the time my system was overclocked to 4.4 using bclk 166 @ 1.28 vlts. For some reason using AIDA 64 it passes stress test for cpu; ram; and gpu. Will crash at various times from 5 secs to hours when I start gaming no consistency to crashes and event log shows (power loss) other then that, when system reboots it will always indicates overclock failed even if it is on default settings. Ready to smash this board to pieces. I went back to several earlier bioses stopped with bios 2001 as the problem is persisting.

nick_the_greek_
Level 7
i just raised the strap to 125 so i can do3000 mhz on my GSKILL ripjaws 4 15 15 15 1T ,1.35 volts run mode 2 in dram settings
Ii set cache core ro 4.3750 @ 1.297 volts 3202 bios and under i could use the 100 strap to get 3000 on the ram and 4.4 on the cache
i am @ 4.5 under 1.3 on the core as always now it reads less @ 1.280 volts with the 125 strap on aida and cpuz fully stable

i can remember which bios it was i could do 4.5 core as always and 4.5 cache

running bf1 has increased some more frames @ 1440p ultra everything max setting

another good stress is forza apex expand the settings un cap the frames . believe me this my go to cpu stress test if you can pass more than 5 minutes on the cpu your good to go

even realbench wont pick up the crash or aida 64 my system is fully stable and sqeezed a little more frames on my gtx 1080 strix oc to 2076 5500 vram......

still cant get 4.5 on the cache but its way more stable 4.3 cache @ 100 strap had revert to 4,2 cache core 100 strap with this bios ..
2800 14 14 14 35 1T was the highest i could go with the 100 strap and previous bios but 3202 and under was fine

i have not had restart or shutdowns problems for a long time cant remember which bios did ......

No power loss on this bios so far. Fingers crossed 😉

Haven't had one since I upgraded to 3402 a little over 17 days ago. I also did disable that surge protection option in the BIOS because I don't need it anyway. It was enabled by default if I remember correct. I have a UPS for those purposes.