cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Controller Driver not installed

Toddd240
Level 7
I just did a fresh Windows 10 install on a new RVE and I have installed all the online drivers from the Asus site for the motherboard. The Network Controller says it does not have a driver installed and cannot find one.

I can't use the install disk as it is not compatible with Windows 10. Anyone know what driver this could be?
7 REPLIES 7

Chino
Level 15

G75rog
Level 10
Even though the device manager indicates the Bluetooth and Intel 1218-V are installed it still lists an unknown Network Controller as not installed.
Networking is functional via the 1218, just no clue what the unknown controller is.

Dave

coyi1895
Level 10
That would be the wireless driver. If you need it then Windows 8.1 wireless driver seems to be working fine for Windows 10 or wait until Asus release one for Windows 10

coyi1895 wrote:
That would be the wireless driver. If you need it then Windows 8.1 wireless driver seems to be working fine for Windows 10 or wait until Asus release one for Windows 10

Maybe... But if you disable it in the device manager, it will disable your Ethernet adapter (if you are connected thru the adapter built into the motherboard)...

I do wish ASUS would release updated drivers for Win10 64-bit...

G75rog
Level 10
That did the trick.

G75rog wrote:
That did the trick.

Cool thing 🙂 If you already installed AI Suite III, you may notice that there's no Wi-Fi Engine because of wireless driver not installed before the installation of AI Suite III - so you can open up the AI Suite III installation and install the Wi-Fi Engine and restart.

Toddd240
Level 7
Yup that did it.....thanks for the assist.