cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mystery pin set on R5E

DemonSkull
Level 7
My build is going well, the board and subsequent halfway point feel rock solid. To me thats a ***** outcome lol.

Anyhow i noticed a set of pins above the bottom set of pins, and cant find anywhere what these pins are. They appear to be a female USB header 9 pin, an 8 pin header and a 4 pin header. (all female) but cant find out what they are.

These are not the bottom set of pins, these are about 3 centimeters above them. I have looked in the manual and cant find any information on them.
15 REPLIES 15

Raja
Level 13
There is no such thing as an "RE5 Black Edition" motherboard.

Typo Rampage V extreme (Black edition) R5E 😄 not RE5 lol that was a typo.

Sylver123
Level 9
I think you might have posted in the wrong section mate because there is no Black edition release
of the Rampage V Extreme and this section you posted on is for the Rampage V Extreme.

Is your board definitely a Rampage V Extreme or perhaps a Rampage IV Black Edition?

if it is a Rampage IV Black Edition then there is a section on the forum for that board.
Intel i7 5960X @ OC 4.5GHz, Asus R5E, XSPC AX360, G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16GB DDR4-3000MHz, BeQuiet 1200W PSU, Cooler Master Cosmos 2, Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP, Creative X-Fi Titanium, 2 X Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0, 2 X Crucial RealSSD C300 256GB RAID 0, LG BH10LS30

Someone should close this waste of space thread. I personnally have no time for this blatant BS-photoshop a R5E image.....I mean REALLY!!!!????
"If you say you can't, then, you probably can't"

DemonSkull
Level 7
This is easier here is a pic, and ive circled the pins, its definately a Rampage V extreme.
I know asus dont make the black edition, I said in my reply it was a typo i simply meant the R5E I am only asking what the pins are as in the manual they are not even mentioned.

DemonSkull wrote:

It's a hoax. That image was obviously photoshopped with grey colors. The REAL image is below. Image source HERE.

Sylver123
Level 9
That board must be a new version they must have no long since released for
the Rampage V Extreme because I haven't seen one with those board colors.
Intel i7 5960X @ OC 4.5GHz, Asus R5E, XSPC AX360, G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16GB DDR4-3000MHz, BeQuiet 1200W PSU, Cooler Master Cosmos 2, Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP, Creative X-Fi Titanium, 2 X Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0, 2 X Crucial RealSSD C300 256GB RAID 0, LG BH10LS30

Menthol
Level 14
Ya where did you get that board? Are you supposed to have it? The motherboard police may be looking for you.
The one on the right is the TB Header (Thunderbolt), the other two while also on my board are not identified.

Praz
Level 13
Hello

Those two sets of pins are not for use by the end user. Also please update your PC Specs to correctly reflect your mother board model. Listing "Rampage Extreme V black edition" is confusing as to which motherboard you actually have.